2.18 - Last Hope

"Where were you?" I asked angrily as I stepped out of bed.

"It's none of your business, Cara!" Nathan stated firmly as he turned around to make me some tea.

"Yes. It is very much my business. You could have gotten yourself killed!" I responded furiously as I walked closer to him.

"And why do you care?" He asked as he swiftly looked at me with a raised eyebrow. My jaw dropped at his question and I realised how hard-hearted Nathan could be at times. But that was something so regular for me to face. He always said things he didn't want to say and then he apologizes.

"I went to see your friend, Sarah Eldon!" He spoke in a venomous tone.

"And why?" I asked more demandingly as I walked over to him.

"Because she needed to be taught a lesson." He said in the same old tone.

"Nathan, that's not for you to decide!" I exclaimed.

"And who are you to tell me that?!" He turned around angrily. We were literally standing so close to each and other and still fuming at each other's words.

"You can't have everything the way you fucking want it Nathan. The world doesn't work like that!"

"Oh really? You think I need life advice from you?" He asked. I paused and took a deep breath because I knew we were both doing the one thing we both hate doing - starting an argument which will just never end.

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me, Nathan." I sighed as I spoke calmly.

Nathan's anger also slowly faded out as he stepped forward.

"It wasn't because of you, Cara." He spoke. "She wanted to see me." He blurted out and my eyes slightly widened.

"See you?" I enquired and he nodded.

"She doesn't mind helping us, as long as we keep her away from the drama that will follow." He added. I nodded in response and turned around to go do my work, but stopped as another question popped in my mind.

"Why didn't you take me with?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I didn't want to wake you up. You need your rest."

"So do you."

"Cara." Nathan warned.

"And the bruises? How did they happen?"

"So what is this? Like a questioning game? You-"

"How did you bruise your back, Nathan?" I cut him off from mocking me.

"She kind of took revenge for what you did." He spoke as he looked down.

"She scratched your back as a form of revenge?" I asked suspiciously.

"No!" He exclaimed with a disgusted expression. "You think I would let her touch me? She pushed me off the staircase, and I ended up falling on some rocks! They were surprisingly sharp!" He continued to explain.

"So this was all because of me."

"Cara, please! It doesn't matter any more."

I paused as I stared at him angrily before realising that there was going to be no point in arguing.

"Let me clean that for you." I sais referring to his bruises.

"Ca-"

"Please. Just please go lie down." I cut him off.

He sighed before slowly making his way to the bed and laying on his front. I grabbed some hot water off the kettle and poured it into a bowl. I then added some cold water from the tap so that it wouldn't burn him completely. I then grabbed a towel before making my way to the bed. I sat over Nathan as I placed the bowl beside us.