Meet Him

Oh, man are we already at this one? Haha. No, it's not bad. This one was definitely a shock. 

Bunny. I told you the names got weird. I met him in fifth grade. It was very interesting. This story is rather short.

In fifth grade I started to become a bit of an outcast. I mean I wasn't last pick for anything but I definitely stopped making meaningful connections. I didn't really want to open up anymore. I was still happy and talkative but just enough so that I wouldn't be lonely for class projects or have nothing to talk about with everyone. I mean I already had three of the bestest friends I could ask for. But along the way I started losing that innocece of childhood. I didn't know how to have regular fun anymore. I didn't know what that childlike wonder was for.

Then one day my hand used my pen to start doodling. That sounds weird but it definitely wasn't me. The pen began to draw little stick figures. Some had swords. Some had wands. It was adorable. And so chidlike. I found myself smiling and just watching a whole story unfold on the pages. Luckily iwas done with the work and this was on the back of the page. I had a feeling my teacher would be a little upset but I didn't mind. The story progressed into a comic. An epic short tale of a wizard and kight having fun. Using whacky spells. 

Once the comic was over, in smal shaky letters, the pen wrote that his name was bunny and that he wanted to make new friends. I could hear his little giggle but no words were said. I didn't even see him until years down the line. I used his comics to make friends. I attempted to get him to do it on blank sheets but it was hit or miss. As childish as they were I made plenty of friends who loved them. In fact I managed to start a drawing club because of him.

Bunny gave me the childish adventure I never knew I wanted. He kept the child in me alive. 

I looked at the world through new inspired eyes.