Chapter One

"Clara there's a new club, today is the grand opening. It's just a few blocks away — we have to go. Charlie Puth might do a pop up,"  Ava yelled - excitedly.

"I am so tired. I just came back from work,"  I told her.

"Please Clara, pleaseeeeeee," she begged like a little child. "For your best friend."

"Okay fine. But only for an hour or so," I explained.

"Yay!"

Ava rushed to her room to get ready. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I don't know what to wear. I don't own many party outfits.

After minutes of searching, I found something cute. The only party dress I have, ( that Ava begged me to buy). A longed sleeved white short dress, with a long v neck, showing just the right amount of cleavage and patterned with black- silver beads. I feel so exposed in this dress.

Ava came into my room all pampered and ready. She wore a tight red dress, her make up smokey. "You look so hot," Ava complimented me.

"Nothing compared to you," I said.

"Baby steps Clara. You'll learn," she replied with a grin plastered on her face. I brushed my hair, I did my make up neutral and light, not that I even know how to do efficient make up but I try— with the help of YouTube tutorials and Ava. I wore my nude heals and we were ready to go. Ava called for an uber.

The uber arrived and we got in the car. Ava started snap-chatting, taking videos while singing and taking about a hundred selfies.

I am honestly not a fan of clubbing. I prefer staying at home in solitude writing my book while having a cup of coffee. But Ava is my best friend, even though we are complete opposite, no excuses when it comes to friendship.

We arrived at the club and there was a long que outside. Apparently Ava knows the security guy, so he let us in. As soon as we got in, the music was so loud my ears already deafened. I couldn't even hear my-self think.

Sweaty body's bumping into me, drunk weirdos almost everywhere and very loud inappropriate music. I don't like this. I don't like this at all. We went to the bar and Ava got a drink. I stared at her as she took three tequila shots.

"Loosen up!" She yelled. "Let's go dance!" She told me. I don't know how to dance, I thought to myself. I am a very awkward dancer.

"No you go, have fun!" I yelled back. I watched Ava as she got lost in the sea of people. I sat by the bar probably looking like a loner. I ordered for a virgin cocktail — no alcohol. I have a low tolerance for alcohol.

I sipped my cocktail drink, that's actually really good. Ava came back holding a guy's hand. "Clara this is Marcus. I am going to his place!" She said. I widen my eyes. What? She can't go to some strangers house. That's absurd. Is she trying to get raped or murdered.

I told her that I wanted to talk to her. I held her hand and we walked to the other side of the club. Further from Marcus. "Ava you don't know the guy!" I yelled. "You can't go with him."

"Clara leave me alone. I am grown woman I can do whatever I want," she said. Oh she's totally drunk. Meaning whatever she'll do Ava won't remember most of her actions tomorrow. She walked towards the bar, where Marcus was standing. For a girl who is drunk and wearing heals, she can surely walk fast. I followed them as they were heading for the exit.

"Ava! Ava!" I tried my best to get to her.

Suddenly the front door burst wide open. Gunshots. The gunshots cracked into the air as loud as thunder. Everyone started running around, some escaped from the back door. I stood still, frozen. "Everybody get down!" one of the man spoke.

"Harry I want my fucking money! Or else everybody in the club dies," the man standing in the middle threatened. Everyone screamed in horror.

More Gunshots. People whimpering.

I was still standing somehow. I couldn't get myself to move. I am the only one not on the ground. I closed my eyes, mumbling a prayer — praying to God.

"You believe in God?" A deep stern voice asked. I slowly open my eyes and there he was. Standing in front of me, his blue orbs looking right at my hazel ones.

"Ye-s," I replied stammering.

"Are you scared of death?" He asked.

"Death is inevitable," I said now somehow brave. He removed a gun and pointed it on my forehead.

"Say your last words," he ordered me. Tears moistened my eyes. I shut my eyes tightly and said...

"The End."

A minute passes and I open my eyes. I am not dead, I sighed in relief. He looks at me confused yet intrigued. He grabs my hand and drags me with him. "Kill everyone," he ordered.

"NO! NO!" I screamed trying to escape his grip to run to Ava. I saw Ava on the floor. I could see the fear in her eyes, confusion and despair. "Ava," I screamed her name. We got out of the club and he wrapped his arms around me. Escaping felt impossible, but that didn't stop me from fighting. His strong arms were wrapped around me until the gunshots stopped. Which meant everyone is dead...

I started crying. I couldn't think straight. "I let you live," he said in a guttural tone. I look at him and narrowed my eyes, I snatched the gun from his hand and pointed it towards at him first. But I couldn't pull the trigger... I am not a killer. Then I pointed it towards my head. It's illogical but everything that happened today is no where close to sanity. My hands trembled both from fear and consternation.

He slowly walked towards me and tries to grab the gun from my hand. Both our hands holding the gun. Pushing and pulling.

BANG!

The gun goes off. I look at my stomach and notice blood on my white dress. I placed my hand on my stomach. The guy let goes of my hand as I let go of the gun. I just look at him in horror and shock.
Hot tears slowly streamed down my cheek.

"You are going to be okay." His voice falling into the background. I start to feel light headed. Everything suddenly turns blurry. The guy picks me up and carries me bridal style. I stare at his face as my eyelids get heavy and hear his distant voice telling me to stay awake.