Chapter Two

Luca

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine now. We managed to remove the bullet out they are stitching her up," the nurse explained.

I don't even know her name. I don't know anything about her. I just let her live. Why did she want to kill her self?  Why do I even care? UGH! Fuck this!  I need a glass of whiskey. Stupid Harry. He took a loan from me. Two fucking million dollars as start up for his club. Hasn't paid me a dime - it's been a year. I hope I see him in hell. He's dead by now.

Nobody borrows money from me and doesn't pay back. That's a death wish. He should have known better not to con the son of Salvador.

I left the hospital. I couldn't stay there any longer. She's alive that's all I needed to know.
I get a call from my dad: "My son causing trouble in my city?" My dad asked in his usual serious tone.

"Dad it's that son of a ..."

"Now listen to me Lucas. I am coming to New York next week. I need you to handle a delivery. Two cartons of cocaine will be delivered. Make sure it's taken cared of," he instructed me.

"Okay," I said. He hung up the phone.
I am only his son when it comes to business. I have gotten used to his crooked ways.

I went to one of my clubs Marquee. I went to the VIP area ordered for a drink and tried to clear my mind. I have everything; money, power, a successful business, private islands  - the list could go on. Yet I still feel like something is missing.

A woman approached me wearing a short leather skirt and a crop top. She sat on my laps. "Let me take all your worries away," she said while tracing my face with her fingers. I don't even look at her. She starts to kiss my neck, with each peck my anger grew. I stopped her. I look at her and I see HER, her eyes. The christian girl.

She kisses me again this time on my lips. I didn't stop her, I kissed her back. I consider taking up her offer, grabbed her back and pulled her close. This will keep me occupied I thought biting her lower lip. A soft moan left her lips. The end, my mind kept on recalling. I kept on seeing her in my mind and it was fucking annoying. All I am trying to do is have a good time. 'The end, The end, The end, The end." My mind repeated like a broken record.

I stopped kissing her. "Ugh!" I yelled frustrated.

"What's wrong?" She asked — brushing her fingers through my hair. I pushed her off me causing her to fall on the floor. What the fuck is wrong with me? I have to be at the hospital. When she wakes up she might want to kill her self again. I took out a hundred dollar bill from my wallet and gave it to the girl.

I went over to my penthouse and took a quick shower and changed into my usual attire, into my suit. It's three am in the morning. I drove to the hospital in my car.

I asked one of the nurses about he girl. I tried my best to describe her. To me she was the Christian girl with the alluring eyes. The nurse was able to identify her while in one of the ICU rooms. They were still monitoring her. I saw her sleeping, she looked lifeless so pale and fragile. I sat on the chair besides her. Wondering to myself what the hell am I doing in a hospital at 3:00 o'clock in the morning. Sitting next to her.

She's beautiful, I'll give her that. I looked at her and studied every detail of her flawless face. I held her cold hand and felt a warm weird feeling on the inside. Fuck this. I let go of her hand gently.

Clara

"Whe... Where am I?" My eyes flicker. I tried to look around, but my body felt stiff. Someone is holding my hand. I couldn't make who. It's a guy and he's asleep. I slowly let go of his hand - which startled him. He woke up. "Yo..you!" I said - in a low - loud tone. Memories from last night rushing to my mind.

He walked out of the room without saying anything. A few moments later a nurse came in to check up on me, to see my condition. "Your boyfriend was by your side the whole time. He is so sweet," the nurse paid me a false compliment. I limply smile...

"You seem to be stable now. Let me get your medication," she said and walked out. The guy came back this time he was holding a bouquet of flowers, red roses. He kept them on the table.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a firm tone. He didn't reply, instead he just looked at me. How dare he! "Get out," I said. The strange man left. The nurse came back with my medicines. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and his face appears. His cold blue eyes haunting me.

"You will be discharged tomorrow we still need to monitor you," the nurse told me.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend brought you. He came in carrying you in his arms," she said. " Oh before I forget you don't need to worry about your hospital bill."

"Huh?"

"Yeah your boyfriend paid for it already. He told me to keep it confidential but I thought you should know. Get some rest," the nurse said and left the room.

Why is he doing this? And why does the nurse keep on referring to him as my boyfriend. I don't have a boyfriend.

Memories of yesterday came back to me clearly. The scenes... I remember the attack vividly, the shootings and the screams. I remember everything. My heart beat started escalating. Ava.

***
Thanks for reading.