Chapter Nineteen

Clara

"My love," Luca said as she walked through the door. A smile was plastered on his face. "I was thinking maybe we could for a stroll at the beach."

He walks to me and kisses me on the forehead, he sits next to me on the couch and holds my hand. Waiting for a reply his eyes on me, I could feel his stare. At this moment all I was thinking about was Detective Dylan. Could his accusation towards Lucas be true. I look at my hands, suddenly a wave of doubt had come to my mind. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied. I felt bad lying to him, though I didn't need him to worry. "I just missed you and yes a stroll at the beach would be lovely." He kissed me on the cheek and stood up. Lucas want to change m and wore a white mandarin shirt and black jeans.
I wore my sandals. I stood by the door, ready to go. We held hands as we walked together.

We got in the black BMW, Luca drove. He's shoulders relaxed and eyes fixed on the road. "The beach isn't far," he said. I looked outside the window, watching trees rush by. The window rolls down. "Fresh air for mi lady," he says in a awful english accent. I couldn't help but laugh, it's crazy how Luca can bring a smile to my face in the simplest ways. Though my mind couldn't stop wailing about Detective Dylan's accusations and the words just seems keeps on replaying in my mind.

On the other hand my heart seemed to be fighting for Luca's innocence. I was at war, though eventually my heart won. I stole glimpses from Luca each time my mind doubted the love of my life. I re-assured my heart and mind by looking at him, all doubt vanished. The car stopped and we reached the beach. We both got out of the car and Luca opens the back door and removes a picnic basket. How did I not notice that? Probably because I was too busy at war - as my heart and mind bickered.

Luca looks at me and smirks. I am the luckiest girl in the world! Luca walks towards the beach and starts to lay out a mat. A cool breeze blew past my body — making my dress fly as I walked. The waves crashing onto the shore, the sun shimmering on the sea making it look like the sea had hidden gems. The sea is crystal clear. I removed my sandals and held them in my hand, feeling the hot sand between my toes. I looked down and see different types of shells, and tiny crabs running by me. I was mesmerized by the view of the ocean.

"You look ravishing!" Luca said as he walked towards me. He grabbed my waist, placed his head on mine, his breath fanning my lips. Luca closed his eyes and said...

"You are my precious treasure, my breathe of life. You came into my life and healed my wounds and cured my soul. I am forever grateful and forever yours." I couldn't help it but smile. I kissed him, he kissed me back savoring the moment.

"I love you," I said as my lips left his. We stopped kissing and sat on the mat. Luca took out a sandwich from the basket wrapped in foil and gave it to me. I sat Indian style and faced the ocean, I ate my sandwich. "It's beautiful," I said my eyes watching the gentle waves.

"Yes it is," he replied.

"Lucas how come you've never mentioned your ex-girlfriend?" I asked abruptly, without thinking. I thought out loud and right away I knew it was a bad idea. I observed Luca, his shoulders suddenly tensed up, his facial expression changed; he sighed seeming frustrated, I caught a glimpse of remorse in his eyes.

"Because it's in the past. It doesn't matter anymore," he replied coldly.

"Okay," I replied and took a bite from my chicken sandwich. "This is really good."