Chapter Twenty One

Huff* "Hah aren't you excited? It's not yet time, have patience my love," I whispered down to my belly. The baby started kicking, it's the most exciting and uncomfortable feeling. It feels like a muscle twitch, a muscle twitch that you can't control. I am pregnant, it's been five months since I found out.

"Honey I am leaving now," my mother said.

"Don't forget tomorrow's appointment for the check up. It's at 9:40 am," I told her, taking a sit down by the dinning table.

"I'll be here by 9:00 o'clock to pick you up," she said, walking up to me. She kissed me on the forehead. "Take care honey." I nodded my head - approvingly. My mum left. Sigh* It's 7:00 pm, I need to check my email, I am excepting an email from the publishing company. Since I didn't attend the first meeting, I'll have to attend this one whatever the cost. I stood up to take the laptop on the counter, and sat on the couch. I opened my laptop and checked my email. I can't believe it! 

They accepted my book! They want to publish it! But I have to go to New York, to sign the contract... "You hear that my angel, mummy's book is going to be published," I whispered down to my belly, and rubbed my belly softly. "I love you so much." Tears started streaming down my cheek, both from joy and sadness. How can I go back to NewYork?

Flashback

"Will you do me the honor of marring me and spending the rest of our lives together? As I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it," he said in a silvery tone.

I haven't forgotten, I have tried to forget and I have failed again and again. I had always  imagined my life with him, every part of my journey he was supposed to be there and hold my hand. He was supposed to be my husband, the father of our child. We were supposed to be a family...

"He went over to that club because the owner hadn't paid him his money, and that's why he sentenced the whole club to death because of money! Whatever Lucas has told you is a lie," the Detective said.

And here I am still remorseful for a man who's words were a song of lies. The sad truth is that his words are tattooed on my heart. And the reality is my child will not have a father, my child will not grow up without a father figure. He or she won't grow up around lies and a murderer. I couldn't help but cry more. I wiped my tears. Lucas doesn't even know I am pregnant, I came back to California from Spain.

I couldn't go back to NewYork.
My father hasn't spoken to me since he found out I was pregnant, as for my mother she is overjoyed. Excited to be a grandmother. I now stay in a small apartment that my mother helped me look for. I finally found the bravery and went to the cemetery, to visit Ava. I now go there every Sunday with a rose - her favorite flower. And I even told her about Lucas, the truth. I hope she forgives me. I sit by her gravestone and just talk, she's always been the best listener.

I work at a cafe as a waitress, and also take shifts at the library. Everything changed... With everything that happened one good thing came out of the heartbreak my pregnancy. Hope. To be honest I wasn't as excited when I found out, knowing that I'll have always have something other then the memories, to remind me of Lucas. When my father found out he just banished me from his life. So it wasn't really a gleeful moment at that time. But when the baby moved in my belly for the very first time, I'd never felt more happiness in my whole life. I don't know how to explain it, it was just exhilarating.

I went to bed, my eyes moist. It wasn't easy falling asleep, it never is. But eventually I do. I woke up the next morning and went straight to take a shower, wore my casual clothes and had some breakfast. The clock read 8:40, and I had just finished eating my bowl of mixed fruits. I heard a soft knock on the door. Probably my mother, she's always comes early to pick me up because she knows before we go to the doctor we have to stop by a shop and buy gummy bears. My mum hates the fact that I have developed a craving towards gummy bears but I honesty can't help it. They are so good.