Chapter Twenty Three

Clara
I tried calling my parents but they can't be reached, which made me worry even more. It's been 48 hours and I have been in this place for far too long. I am not allowed to leave the room, they are two security guards standing outside. They usually follow me around, I hate it. Lucas doesn't come in to the room unless to check up on me. I am bored and I can't sit here until my due date arrives. I have to sign a contract for my book to be published, and figure out where I am going to live. I started buying baby clothes, but all the baby's stuff are in California.

I got out of the room and walked in the hallway, the security men just looked at me from a distance. I tried to guess which one is Vanessa's room. "Clara." I turn around to see Lucas, his eyebrows knitted showing obvious confusion. "What are you doing?" He asked walking closer to me.

"I am looking for Vanessa," I replied.

"She left about an hour ago." I would have known that if I wasn't imprisoned in the room. I looked at him and slowly got lost in his blue cerulean eyes. Luca stood infront of me, the belly being the only obstacle for him. The baby started moving, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips tightly together. A sudden feeling of excitement took over, I open my eyes and Luca's hand is on my belly. His eyes fixed on my belly he could feel the baby moving and I could hear my heartbeats racing.

"You lied to me..." I said. Luca retreated his hand and looked me in the eyes.

"It didn't feel like I had a choice. I knew you would never think twice about me if I told you my truth," he replied.

"But you lied. You harmed innocent people for money?!"

"I know and I still feel guilty for that... for everything. If only I could go back in time and change what I have done, but l'll never change falling in love with you. I'd do anything to make it up to you Clara."

"You deserve to rote in jail along with the other criminals," I said in a bitter tone. Tears lingered in my eyes, my heart started feeling heavy.

"I'll confess to all my sins, l'll plead guilty for all the accusations. If it means you will forgive me, I will do it. I meant it when I said I will do anything for you. Even if it means spending my lifetime in jail," he said in a sincere tone. I looked at him speechless, unable to think what to say. "But I will only do it when I have seen my child and held him/her in my arms."

"Okay," I said. What else could I say. I was dumbstruck and overwhelmed with fear and guilt. I don't hate him... I am just angry at him. Luca looked at me and walked away, I caught a glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her.

I went back to the room, and sat on the bed. Luca came out of the bathroom, with only a towel swathed around his waist. I gulped and quickly looked away. Muscles rippled across every part of his body, his abs and chiseled chest were visable. I couldn't help it but steal glances... I knew he already figured out I was staring, he'd always known when I stare. He turned to look at me, a playful smirk formed on his lips, his blue cold eyes filled with intensity. I got off the bed and walked towards the window.

I stood there for a while staring outside, hoping by the time I turned around he'd be dressed already. Two hands held my belly and warmth is all I felt, Luca approached me from behind and hugged me. I felt my body press in, soft and warm. Finally I was home... In his arms. He kissed me on my neck- gently. Warmth radiated from the spot where his lips just touched my neck, slowly spreading through the rest of me. "If it's a girl, her name should be Isabella. Isabella Lucas Salvador," he said in low tone, his hands still on my belly.

"And if it's a boy Ian," I spoke, lost in my fantasy where we have a family and Lucas is playing with our child.

"I like Rafael." I removed his hand on my belly and turned to look at him. I just stared at him. He leaned in a little closer, our foreheads touching. I couldn't fight the thoughts nor him, his lips brush mine, he kissed me and the world fall away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. I stopped kissing him and hesitantly looked up at him, the swirls of emotion I felt, made me gasp. Lust and desire. I took step back, this can't be happening. No.

"I can't do this," I said staring at the floor. Luca took a step towards me and cupped my face with one hand and made me look at him.

"You can't do what? Love me? I love you Clara and I know you do too, that's why you kissed me back. Loving you is like breathing, how can I possibly stop..." he spoke staring right into my eyes. I held his hand and took it off my cheek. I didn't want him to see past the wall I built.

"This wasn't part of my plan. I can't go through this again and I won't," I said firmly.

"You weren't part of my plan either, but you become all my heart ever talks about. You become all my life's goals — to make you happy, to protect you..."

"To lie to me." I said in a low tone.

"If I told you the truth about me and who I was and all my sins. Would you have loved me? Would you have agreed to go on the date with me? Answer me truthfully," he said in a modulating tone.

"Maybe, Maybe I would."

"Yes or no? It's as simple as that," he said. I remained silent and thought. "Answer me Clara."

"Yes I would, because after all you've done, for some reason I still have feelings for you! But we will never be together," I said and walked away. I went out of the room, there's no place to run or hide my feelings. I went down the stairs and went to the garden, the security men followed me. I yelled at them to stop following me. As I walked in the garden tears streamed down my cheek. I love him and I always will, it's easy and complicated as that.

Luca
I know what I have to do now...

***
We have reached 17k reads 💕. Your support as readers, comments and votes have been my motivation to evolve as a writer. Thank you so much. I write to escape to another dimension, I am glad some of you are escaping with me.

Thank you for reading.❤️