C H A P T E R: 2

Once they reached the blacksmith's place, Jace did an overdramatic sigh and slumped against a nearby tree, "The pain..."
Clarissa rolled her eyes and pulled her brother harshly by the scruff of his neck, "You drama queen. This performance alone almost deserves an Oscar."
Jace shoved himself off his sister's grip, "'Almost'?"
She smiled brightly, "Almost."
"'Onestly, you two. You could 'ave your own reality tv zhow at zhis point... it vould be better zhan 'Keeping up witz za Kardazhianz.'" Sophia said, crossing her arms and waiting for them by the blacksmith's porch.
"Anything is better than that show," Jessie commented, rapping her knuckles on the door.
"I can't understand you with that accent," Will said.
Sophia scowled, "Oh, I'm zorry, Mizzer American—!"
"What's going on here?" The blacksmith's daughter, a brown skinned girl called Guinevere , asked as she opened the door.
Sophia's face instantly went neutral while Clarissa answered for them, "We were told by the elders to get weapons here for this quest."
"What quest?" Guinevere inquired, leaning forward and making her curly brown hair fall into her face.
She brushed it off hastily with a huff as Jace explained, " So the elders called us—blah blah blah— quest and prophecy thing—blah blah blah— we have to find the 'Moon River' and cure everyone— blah—"
"In short, we have to find the Moon River to cure everyone who's been affected by the mysterious illness." Will interjected.
Guinevere opened her mouth and an "ahh" came out, "My father's abroad right now. But I bet there're loads of weapons that could suit you."
She opened the door wider and beckoned them to step in.

Sophia paced back and forth between the weaponry, surveying the weapons.
There were guns, daggers, swords, whips, maces, chakras, bows, and several unfamiliar ones.
She was the only one left without a weapon, while the others practiced using theirs.
"You okay back there?" Guinevere asked, peering at her from behind a wall.
"Mhm," She replied absently, squinting at a jagged dagger through grimy glasses.
"Need help?" Guinevere asked.
She whipped her head around to view the other choices, "Maybe."
"Well," Guinevere began, scrutinizing Sophia, "I think you'll be best at melee combat. So a sword or dagger is good."
"Yeah. Okay," Sophia said, tip-toeing to reach a gleaming, ruby-hilted sword at a top of a shelf for some reason.
"That— That isn't going to do you good." Guinevere advised, pointing at the sword, "It's too heavy and is made for only the strongest of the military."
Sophia glanced at Guinevere over her shoulder and stopped tip-toeing, "Welp..."
Guinevere walked over to a sheathed foot long dagger, with black leather wrapped around the hilt.
She handed the dagger to Sophia, "This should do it."
Sophia unsheathed the dagger and turned it around in her hands, "Zis iz good. Zhank you."

"Have you packed everything you need?" Her father asked for the...fifth time.
Sophia slung the knapsack over her shoulder, "Yez, yez, fazher. I am ready. Don't worry, I'll come 'ome zafely."
"This quest is not just going to be a walk in the park, Sophia." Her father pointed out, looking at his daughter by the door.
"I know, fazher. That'z why I am reazy. My friendz are vaiting outzide, may I go now?"
He sighed, "Fine. But be careful, okay?"
"Promise." And she shut the door behind her.