C H A P T E R: 10

"Don't say anything, I know I took like a week Athena. Can't help it, procrastination is basically my twin now."
-ammahacku, about the previous chapter
I decided to keep that note to show you, dear readers, why updates have been slow. >_<
Anyway, ʂųɛ ąῳɛʂơɱɛ ʄıɠɧɬʂƈɛŋɛ, ყɛąɧ!
________________________________

The three of them stood back to back, their weapons drawn.
"I hate clichés." Clary said, "Seriously! Isn't there one original idea out there?!"
"Of course not! Because if we weren't cliché, we wouldn't have gone to this place anyway!" Jessie argued, slashing her scythe at the nearest maid.
"Lezz talking, more fighting." Sophia advised, her knuckles white on the hilt of her dagger.
"Alright." Jessie gritted her teeth, "On the count of thre—"
"GO!" Clary shouted and nearly tackled Circe but missed, so she twisted and tackled a maid guarding the exit instead.
The maid grabbed Clary's wrist and twisted, making Clary yelp.
She twisted away from the maid's grip and punched her jaw with her brass knuckles.
The maid shrieked and let go of Clary, clutching her bleeding jaw.
She drew out an electrum whip and lashed it out on Clary.
She sidestepped and hooked her foot around the maid's ankles, sweeping her off her feet.
The electrum whip slashed Clary's arm and sent jolts of electricity in her system.
Clary shouted in pain, and ran towards the maid, kicking her in the chest.
The maid hissed and began to smoke.
"Um, wha..." Clary began and yelped as the maid transformed into a hideous monster, flames for hair, one donkey leg and one metal.
She bared her fangs and brandished her whip, "Foolish girl."
Clary took a step back, her body cold with fear.
The empousa flicked her hand and her whip flew out, wrapping around Clary's waist.
Clary panicked and tried to pull the whip away, which only left scorch marks on her palms; she tried to pull away, but the material dug deeper in her.
Oh... shit, She thought.
"Clary!" Someone shouted and she heard a whistling sound past her head.
A moment later, Jessie's scythe stuck out of the empousa's chest and she slowly crumbled to ashes, the whip falling to the floor around Clary's feet.
She turned around, feeling a stinging pain around her waist, and saw Circe staring at something in horror.
She followed the witch's gaze and saw Sophia with an electrum whip in hand, wrapped around the neck of a little boy.
"Turn back our friendz and let uz leave," She said, her eyes dark, "Or zis will be 'is lazt day."
"No!" Circe wailed, throwing her hands out as if to reach for the boy, "Please. I'll do anything, just leave my son alone."
"Sophia!" Clary called, staring in shock, "You can't possibly kill a child."
Sophia shot an icy glare at her, "I've zone it before, I'll zoo it again."
"That was an accident!" Jessie protested, "You're not a murderer!"
William The Guinea Pig poked his head out of Jessie's pocket, squeaking helplessly at Sophia.
"Shut up!" She snapped and returned her gaze to Circe, "First, turn back zee boyz."
Circe scoffed, "Girls these days, all about boys."
Sophia scoffed back and gripped the whip handle harder, "Zorcerers back zen, such 'ypocrites. If you zon't like boyz, zen why bother keeping zis alive? Hmm?"
Circe rolled her eyes, though that did not shake away the fear in them, "Fine. You win. I'll turn them back— though I don't get the difference between their old form and now, they're still pesky rodents—"
"Now." Sophia hissed, and gave a small tug of the whip, making the boy squeak.
Circe gave a small whimper then snapped her fingers timidly.
Red sparks shot from the and towards Jessie's pockets, making Guinea Pig Jace and Will squirm out.
They slowly grew and grew, changing back to human.
They were fully formed, sitting naked on the floor, covering up their nether regions.
"Uh..." The girls blushed deeply and looked away.
Circe groaned, "Ugh— I forgot you mortals have grown accustomed to clothing and see no decency in nudity."
A snap was heard and the girls looked, seeing the boys back in their old clothes.
"Now," said Circe, "The boy."
"Hmm..." Sophia began, "Zoo you promise to never bother uz again?"
"I swear on the River Styx."
Sophia shrugged and released the whip from the boy's neck, "Good enough."
The boy immediately ran into Circe's arms and trembled.
"Now get out!" Circe barked, snapping her fingers and sending invisible servants pushing the five out.
The doors shut abruptly behind them.