Chapter Two: The Difficulty of Teaching

{Annie's pov} Do you know how difficult it is to teach someone how to do a back tuck when all you want to do is stare at them all day long? Difficult. Very, very, difficult. Every time Hayden went to do his back tuck I'd either forget to spot him because I got distracted by his stupidly handsome face, or I'd misplace my hand and he'd fall because I got distracted by his stupidly handsome face. Conclusion? He's too stupidly handsome, I just can't stop looking at him, and he seems to not be able to stop looking at me.

But I'm sure he doesn't like me, and I hope I don't like him, I mean we only just met like two hours ago and I know absolutely NOTHING about him. How can I possibly have a crush on him? "YES!!! FINALLY!" I screamed as Hayden finally got his back tuck. We had only started practicing an hour ago, since we needed to stretch first, and then we all started talking, expect for me since I didn't want to embarrass myself again.

"Woah," Hayden said, surprised, "Those were the first words that came out of your mouth since you told me your name was Banannie." I laughed, that's because you made fun of me for it and I didn't want that to happen again." He looked upset for a second and then smiled, "Sorry, I thought it was funny, I won't do it again Strawberry Shortcake, I promise." Aaaand as you can probably guess this did NOT make me happy. I chased him around the gym five times before catching him, forcing him to run five laps before pushing him into the block pit and jumping in with him.

"Annie! Hayden!" My dad called, "We're heading out to dinner now, come on you two." Hayden and I raced each other out of the ball pit and towards the door, on my way out I grabbed all of my things and put my hoodie on, knowing it was going to be cold out. My little sister Hayley was already so tired that she was asleep in daddy's arms. We went to dinner at Denny's and had a great meal, Hayden and I talked about our interests, I told him about horse riding and he told me about skateboarding, and overall we just had a lot of fun.

Afterwards, we went to City Walk to look at the fountains which lit up. People were running around in the water and seemed to be having lots of fun, Jayden Bartels, who had joined us right after dinner, really wanted to run through the water. Me, not having a change of clothes, said no to doing that, while Hayden decided to go full in but somehow managed to not get wet at all. Turns out there was a path through the middle of all the water which he was trying to persuade me to run through, sure enough, it worked and he took me by the hand, which sent butterflies to my stomach, and we ran.

I got my pants wet and decided I didn't want to do that anymore, but Hayden got me yet again. They were about to leave so he went in for a hug, that in itself excited me, but when I put my arms around him he lifted me up and carried me through the water. This time I didn't even bother. As we stood in the middle of the flashing colours through the water, our eyes met and time seemed to freeze completely, it was just me and him, no one else. He grinned weirdly at me and that was when I realized he had brought me completely into the water and I was totally soaked, "I hate you Hayden Summerall." I laughed. "Love you too, Apple Pie." He smiled, warmly this time. He set me down and we walked back to our families, and said goodbye for the night, and I smiled the whole way home, for all I could see were his sparkling eyes and his welcoming smile.