Chapter Six: Light and Darkness

When I saw what was before me I gasped, "It's beautiful!!!" I said to Hayden, he had set up a boat filled with flowers and candles and music playing softly in the background. I looked at Hayden and saw him holding two lanterns, he gave one to me and said, "Take my hand." I took his hand and he led me onto the boat, "Hayden..." I said quietly, "Why did you do this for me? Not that I don't love it, I do love it, but... Why me?"

He looked into my eyes and for a minute I saw a bit of sadness, but then his face lit up, "Because, you're my best friends and I want to do everything I can to make sure you're happy." I felt so much joy, I could feel tears running down my face, he wiped a tear from my cheek and I smiled. "Thank you so much, Hayden. I'm so happy to have you in my life." I gave him a warm hug and he brought me into the boat.

"Hayden, this is incredible." I said to him, his face lit up, "Thanks, I'm really glad you like it... But we need to talk about something." I laughed out of suprise from the sudden change of mood, "What? Is everything okay?" He looked at me glumly, "It's just... I don't know." I sighed, "Hayden you know you can tell me anything." He looked at me again and then continued, "Remember when I told you that Kenzie had started blackmailing me?" I thought for a minute, "Yeah, I remember. What is she doing now?" "She started saying things, terrible things, and she keeps sending really bad letters to our apartment. Dad says we have to move."

I gasped, "That's horrible!! Why would anyone so that?!" Hayden sighed, "I think... I think she's jealous." I laughed, "Jealous? ....Oh... Okay Hayden, I really need to tell you something." He looked at me, "What?" I breathed slowly, trying not to completely flip out, "Hayden... Kenzie's been spreading some rumors about me too, only to her friends though. She told Jayden I was using you so I could get more famous or some crap, I kind of just ignored it though. She also said you broke up with her because..... Because you wanted to be with me more."

Hayden looked at me and calmy said, "She's sort of right, I mean, she was a jerk and everything... but you're not, Annie. You're the best friend I've ever had in my life, and clearly Kenz could tell. I know we're both confused, about... You know, how we feel about each other, but that's normal for our age, I guess. But for now, we'll get through it together, as friends." I smiled, "Best friends." He laughed, "Yep, the best of the best."

My phoned started ringing, "Hello?" I answered​, "Stay away... Or you'll get seriously hurt." Said an unknown voice from the other end, "Who are you? What is this?" I replied, "You know who I am..." I put it on speaker for Hayden to hear, "And don't think just because Hayden likes you, that you're special or something, because you're not. You're just a stupid, arrogant human being filled with a bunch of crap, that you leave for everyone else to clean up so you can get what you want!!!" She hung up. Hayden looked terrified, I was terrified, I had tears running down my face, Hayden hugged me, "We'll be okay..." And that's when I saw her, Kenzie was sitting on a park bench right by where we had parked, the purest anger I've ever seen right there in her eyes.

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter! Please feel free to vote and comment what you think. :)