Chapter Five: Answers and Promises

{Annie's pov} We had been driving for at least forty-five minutes, and Hayden and I had been playing our little guessing game for at least thirty, my mind had gone completely empty and I couldn't think of anywhere else we could be going. "Hayden just tell me." I peeked through my blindfold and he quickly covered my eyes with his hands. "No, Annie!! You need to leave it on, and I'm not telling you, that wouldn't be fun." I chuckled, "And sitting in a car for forty minutes is?" Hayden burst out laughing, "Your sass kills me, I'll give you one more hint." I smiled, "Okay, one more hint." Hayden took both of my hands and put them on my face so that everything around me was dark, he removed the blindfold slowly but kept my hands on my eyes. "Last hint," He said calmly, "Tangled." I thought for a moment, light...tangled.... "Is this what I think it is?" I asked Hayden.

"Depends, what do you think it is?" He responded, I waited a moment before saying, "Something to do with Rapunzel." I peeked through my fingers to see Hayden smiling. "I got it didn't I?!" He kept smiling, "Not completely, but you're definitely close." We drove for about five more minutes before I got impatient, "What time is it?" I asked my mom, "1:56!" She yelled back at me. I was extremely tired and hungry at this point, "Do you want something to eat, Annie?" Hayden said, "Yes please! You read my mind!!!" I exclaimed. Since I still had my hands over my face he said, "Open wide!" I laughed, and he took that opportunity to put some food in my mouth, "Mmmmm, chocolate!!!!" I said happily, he laughed, "Your favourite, milk chocolate." I smiled, "Thanks, Hay." "Anytime, Grape Juice." I punched him in the arm and he started laughing, "Ow! That hurt!!" I started laughing too, "Then why are you laughing?!" "Because it's funny!!" We were laughing at eachother for a couple of minutes before Mr. Jimmy said, "We're here!!!"

Hayden opened the door and guided me out of the car, his arm through mine so that I wouldn't trip and get hurt. "Can I open my eyes yet?" I was very impatient. "Any minute now..." Hayden replied. After a couple of minutes I couldn't here my mom anymore, "Hayden, where's my mom?" I asked concerned, "Her and my dad went to a store to get something, don't worry, we're fine." He sat me down on something and sat beside me, "Open." He said softly in my ear, I opened my eyes and what I saw was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Lanterns, everywhere there were glowing lanterns getting ready to be shot up into the sunset like stars, "It's beautiful..." I said quietly. Hayden smiled, "There's another surprise," He said, "Only, you don't have to close your eyes this time." He took me by the hand and we started walking towards the water on the beach. I gasped.

Over 100 reads in less than one week, thank you all so much!!! I'd love it if you could vote on this story and comment what you think!!! Love you all💜