Chapter 9: Again

- 9 Weeks Old -

The doctors office was so warm. I was sweating and I wasn't even doing anything except bouncing Taylor.

I walked her over to the front desk and sighed, "Is it possible to turn the air conditioning on? It's really warm in here."

"It is on," The redhead mumbled, "Is it still not cool in here? I can turn it up."

"Yes please," I mumbled, "Thanks." Before I could go back to my claimed seat, Meghan walked into the office and waved at the large pregnant woman walking out of the clinic.

"Hey, come on in." She smiled at me and reached to take Taylor out of my arms. I handed her off then jumped back to grab the car seat before quickly catching up and following her into a private room, closing the door behind us.

She spoke first as she bounced Taylor, "So I wanted to tell you this before we got started: I'm hiring a new paediatric Doctor. He will be working in the clinic with me but will be more specialized on the children and babies while I'll focus on the pregnant people."

I nodded, "Is he good?"

"He's amazing," She laughed, "And I have to say that. He's my brother."

I smiled, "A family of doctors?"

"And we weren't even pressured into it." She was laughing at herself, "So how are you feeling? Have you bounced back to your old self now?"

She was playing with Taylor but as soon as she went into Doctor mode she was full attention on me.

"I've been good. She's sleeping more so I get to sleep more. As for my body, I'm mostly back to my old self." I sighed and ran a hand over my hair.

"Have you have sex?"

I blushed at her boldness, "Yeah, once."

"That's good. With a condom I hope." She wasn't looking up from her notes and she continued to scribble. Well, until I didn't reply, then she looked up and stared at me, "You used a condom, right?"

"We were out." I mumbled, "We bought some the next morning but it was only the one time."

She groaned, "I should have spoken to you about this last time," She trailed off and rubbed her neck, "Believe it or not, it's actually extremely easy to get pregnant after having a baby. I usually tell all my patients to be extra cautious but I didn't think it would be a problem with you." Then she looked back down and aded a note to her clipboard, "I want to take some blood and run a test. If you're pregnant I need to know right away." I felt my heart start to race but nodded, "I'll be back with an IV." She stepped towards me and handed me Taylor.

I nodded and watched as she left.

Pregnant? I didn't think it was possible so soon.

I bounced Taylor in my arms as we waited, or, as I waited. She fussed and I continued to bounce her. It only took Meghan a few minutes to get the needle and then take my blood. She finished my appointment and then sent me away.

******

I closed the dishwasher and turned around to Sarah who was sitting on the kitchen counter, bouncing Taylor in her arms and cooing at her.

I should tell her about my maybe pregnancy.

No, I shouldn't.

"How'd your appointment go today?" She mumbled as she made a face at the baby.

I shrugged, "The usual."

"Oh," she mumbled, "That's good then."

Although she was pregnant, her stomach was still totally flat. It didn't prevent her from running her fingers over it, though.

"Do you like your doctor?" She mumbled and moved her hand to the baby in her arms, "Ryan says that if I'm planning to go through with the pregnancy that I should find a doctor soon."

I nodded, "He's right," Then I sighed and added, "And Meghan is awesome in case you wanted her. I'm not sure if she's taking new patients right now."

"I'll have to call and ask. Maybe she can take me on since you don't need her." She said jokingly. I lightly laughed and then reached out and took Taylor from her. Sarah sighed, "I'm excited though. Soon, I'm going to have my own little baby. We can have play dates."

"Taylor will be a year older than your kid." I mumbled but kept a smile on my face.

"I did the best I could to make the age gap almost nothing."

The smile on my face fell. Wait, what? "The best you could? Wait, Sarah, were you trying to get pregnant?" She dropped her gaze at me and fell silent so I bit my cheek and whispered, "Sarah?"

She still wouldn't look at me and she was biting her lip.

My eyes widened, "Sarah, tell me."

"I just wanted to have a purpose. My boyfriend was always talking about how all his friends are becoming dads." I watched her shrug, "I wanted to have your life. Everything is perfect for you." Finally she made eye contact with me again.

I'm not sure if it was because I was so anxious about the possibility of being pregnant again or the fact that she has actually been trying, but I couldn't bite my tongue.

"Taylor is the best thing that has ever happened to me, but if I could go back and wait 15 more years to have her, I would." I was trying my best not to shout but my voice wasn't quiet, "I'm too young to be a mom but these are the cards I was dealt. I'm just making sure they play out well enough that we don't all end up hurt." I shook my head in absolute awe of her, "Why would you give up your life to be like me?"

She bit her lip, "I don't know," she mumbled, "I figured you would be excited about it. I know it wasn't smart but I thought that if I could just have a baby I could finally fit in somewhere."

I shook my head, "Teen moms is not the group you want to fit in with." Then I was interrupted by my phone ringing, I saw Meghans office number, "I have to take this." Sarah nodded, slid off the counter and left me alone.

I pressed the green talk button and pressed it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Serrina? It's Meghan." My heart was racing, "I got your results back. It's a positive."

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach, "What?"

She sighed and even through the phone I could hear her disappointment, like a big sister, "Serrina, you're pregnant again."