Chapter 26: Siblings

- 22 Weeks Pregnant -

Justin sat on my bed with his legs crossed and his hands in his lap, "What about Amanda for the girl?" Then he cringed a little and sighed, "No, that doesn't sound right. What about..." He trailed off, not able to think of another name, "Logan for the boy?"

"I had a Logan in my class once, he was an ass hole." I folded another one of my shirts and jammed it into Justin's duffle bag. None of my bags had been big enough to pack all my stuff, so he brought me one of his.

"Then Logan is a no," He chuckled and glanced down at his phone, "Oh, shit. I have to go."

I frowned and wrapped my arms around my belly, "Why?"

"Scooter set up a radio interview and I'm going to be late." He got up and touched my hip, kissing my cheek, "I'll be back around 7. Love you." And before I could reply he had run out the door, leaving me alone to complete my packing. 

******

I sat at the bar and watched as my mom prepared dinner. It would be the last one we had together for a while, so she was making sure it was perfect.

"I was finally getting used to you being back," She mumbled as she finely chopped a carrot, "I guess I shouldn't have gotten the idea that this was permanent."

I sighed and shook my head, "I didn't even know that it wasn't permanent." Then I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms on the counter, "Don't be so hard on yourself, Mom."

"Serrina, you're my daughter. When it comes to you, I will always beat myself up."

I smiled and touched my stomach, "I get that."

Then she sighed and turned to look at me, a smile on her lips, "Putting everything aside, Im proud of you." She sighed and put the knife down, "You've been through hell and back but you have stayed grounded. I honestly couldn't be prouder to be your mother." Then I saw her eyes tearing up and she pouted her lip.

"Oh," I mumbled, "Mom, don't cry." She huffed and rubbed her eyes. I smiled and got up, walking over and hugging her, "It's because of you. You're the reason I am who I am."

She sniffled and hugged me tight, "Im going to miss you so much," 

Then I heard the shuffling of feet and pulled away. Darcy immediately noticed my moms tears and rushed over to comfort her and Cody gave me a worried glance. I flashed him a small smile and blinked away the tears that had began forming in my own eyes. 

Ben spoke up first, "What happened?"

I sighed and looked over to my mom, "I'm leaving." Then I looked back to Cody. He was frowning at me, "I'm going back to live with Justin."

"Oh," Ben started, "Congrats I guess." Then he walked past everybody else to go watch TV. Darcy and my mom resumed making dinner and Cody left the room. I slowly followed him and we stopped in the hallway.

He took a deep breath first then turned to me. I saw him look over my entire face, pausing slightly on my lips before meeting my eyes, "He makes you happy, right?"

I was slightly taken aback, but I nodded, "He does."

Cody took a small breath then nodded too, letting it out through his nose, "Then I guess this was inevitable." And as he spoke he smiled at me, "It was fun while it lasted and thank you for giving me the chance."

I sighed and smiled back at him, "Thank you for keeping me out of trouble." Then I got on my toes and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

He took a step back after my lips left his face and held his hand out for me to shake, "Siblings?"