The Drowning Ship

By Naufil Kazi

Preface

Readers are requested not to relate The Drowning Ship with any other story or movie. The story is written by taking lots of inspiration from Sherlock Holmes and Detective Conan. However the base plot remains unique.

Introduction to Detective Sam

Hi! I am Detective Sam, a big fan of Detective Conan as a child and Sherlock Holmes as an adult.
I left my family when I was very small. Reason was that they wanted me to become a science student but I wanted to go in solving mysteries. It took me many years to become famous and today I can say that I am on the top of my career.
My name wasn't Sam originally. I kept the name to hide my original identity. Years later when I came back to my original city Mumbai, I didn't find my parents. Neighbors said they left this place and the new address was known to none.
I also met my childhood love Racy. She hated the original me because I left my parents. Hence, I hid my real name from her and introduced myself to her as Sam.
Like every superhero has a super villian, even I have a super villian in my life. They call him Blue. People call him the negative of me. He is a master of disguise. He gives clues about his next robbery everytime he robs something. He also likes having a dramatic exit from the robbery site. Leaving the name Blue, we don't know anything about him. In his previous robbery, Blue revealed clues about his next robbery in a letter which said," My next robbery shall be of a model  Drowning Ship which will be committed early next year When The First Star Takes Birth."
I decoded 80% of his clue left with the last line to be decoded which says, “WHEN THE FIRST STAR TAKES BIRTH."
That's not all; I also have to solve the murder mysteries of Rahul Gupta and many more like him all of which are related to The Drowning Ship. I also have to find a serial killer who murders the same way as Rahul Gupta was killed.
To find the serial killer I need to find the murderer of Rahul Gupta. To find the murderer of Rahul Gupta I must find the secret of The Drowning Ship. To find the secret of The Drowning Ship I need to save it from getting robbed by Blue. All of these happening in just 10 days making this case the toughest case of my life.