Day 5: The Path

5 January 2017
12:00 am

Tatya, a police officer was killed by the Stabber. This was the first time that the Stabber had attacked a police official. Sam and Anurag were depressed by this killing. They knew that Tatya had some important clue about the Stabber. But Tatya's notebook was destroyed. The only way to know what Tatya knew was to redo the investigation he did. Anurag informed Sam that Tatya was sent to Saket's house to investigate. Sam said Anurag to spread men in civil dresses at the area where Saket lived by 7 am. Anurag immediately informed his men what has to be done. Sam knew that there was an expected face to face battle with the Stabber.

7:00 am

Sam went to Saket's house. After reaching there Sam knocked the door 3-4 times but no one opened the door. Then after asking people around Sam finally had to break the door. When Sam went inside he found the dead body of a woman who was later confirmed to be Saket's mom. Sam called the ambulance and also inspected the crime scene. The woman was poisoned to death. Sam wanted to know who all met her the previous day. On doing some investigation Sam was informed that 5 people visited Saket's house yesterday. Before Sam could continue his investigation, he spotted a young guy crying. Sam went to him to ask his name.
Sam: What's your name young guy? Why are you crying?
Veer: My name is Veer! I am crying because she was my best friend’s mother.
Sam: Saket right? How did you know him? Did you also know Zaran?
Veer: Yes I knew Zaran! He was like a family to me. Zaran always supported me and my family as we were financially backwards. Then one day...
Sam: One day what?
Veer: One day Zaran came up to me with an offer! All we had to do is kill some people by stabbing them so that the credit is taken by the Stabber.
Sam: Do you know the Stabber?
Veer: I don't! But Zaran did. He promised me to give lots of money and hence I joined him. But later Zaran cheated me by saying we are going to kill Rahul Gupta, he took me to kill my best friend Saket. According to Zaran even he didn't knew that it wasn't Rahul Gupta. After Zaran killed Saket and we realized that it was Saket I was very angry at Zaran. I was scared as Saket's mother had treated me like her own son. Me on the other hand was involved in her son's killing.
Sam: It's ok! But tell me what happened later? Why did the Stabber even want to kill Saket?
Veer: Saket was left free by the police, which rarely happen. Hence entire underworld thought that Saket leaked some information to the police. After fighting with Zaran I hid from everyone so that I am safe!
Veer's Alibi was cross checked with locals and his own family. Sam couldn't understand why there Stabber killed Zaran, and Saket's mom. By what Veer said, Sam felt that Veer might be the killer but he was lacking of proof without which he could frame Veer only into Saket's murder case. Sam somehow needed to know how was Saket's mom was killed. He felt the key to success lying in it.
12:00 pm
Saurav felt helpless and hence went to Vishal's house to ask for help.
Vishal: Don't worry bro! I'll help you!
Saurav: Thank-you bro.
Vishal: Conditions to be applied yet!
Saurav: Are you serious?
Vishal: Yes! I'll help you only if you drive taxi on the streets for next two days!
Saurav: But why must I do that Vishal, how will it profit you?
Vishal: There is! Remember what you did to me on the 2nd of June 2006!
Saurav: I don't believe it you still remember it!
Vishal: Yes I do! But you never apologized for what you did!
Saurav: I didn't apologize! Do you even remember what happened then?
Vishal: Yes I remember every moment! You drugged me on the day when Rays International Company came to pick up students from our college with a clear intention to make me loose the job.
Saurav: Yes I did that and what did I later do?
Vishal: Later you got me another job with the help of your rich father making me feel incapable of myself!
Saurav: Incapable! I just did that because you lost the job due to me!
Vishal: Thank-you Saurav! Now you have an offer in front of you, take it or leave it!
Saurav: I never knew that there was so much hatred inside you!
Vishal: Yes there is and that's the only option you have! You can't go to Prasanna can you? This ego is what I want to break Saurav! 2 days as a taxi driver and I help you as you helped me!
Saurav: I agree Vishal! But, don't think that I didn't have any options; I just want to finish the hatred inside you!
Vishal: Well my revenge has just begun!

3:00 pm

Anurag's team found out a cloth containing stains of poison on it. The time of death of the body turned out to be somewhere around 9 pm last night. Saket's mom could have kept the clothes to dry outside the house and the clothes were poisoned when they were drying. When Saket's mom brought the clothes back, the poison was all over her hand and she must have died after eating something with the same have. Sam now had an idea about how the Murderer was done. There were only one person Sam doubted and he was Veer. But due to Veer's strong alibi, Sam couldn't arrest him.
Sam needed proof to arrest Veer and he got an idea for it. Sam asked Veer about his hiding place. Veer took Sam and team to the place where he hid for five days. Veer was not informed about Sam and Anurag knowing the way Saket's mom was killed. On reaching there, Anurag informed his team to immediately begin search for poison traces. A deep search finally resulted in finding the poison. Veer began to cry.

7:00 pm

Sam: Speak! Veer the Stabber!
Veer: Zaran offered me the job to kill Rahul Gupta, but after killing I recognized that it was Saket, my friend. I had a big verbal fight with Zaran about it. On 2nd January when I couldn't handle it, I went to Zaran to atleast get money for the kill. But, Zaran expected me to apologize! I killed him and took revenge for my friend! Later the officer of yours had almost recognized me, so I killed him also and also Saket's mom who led him to me!
Sam: Are you sick! Why did you kill so many people and show up to me?
Veer: That's because I didn't want to kill anyone else! I came up with an alibi but unfortunately y'all cracked it!
Sam: That means Stabber didn't kill anyone since New Year!
Veer: He did! It was Rahul Gupta!
A sub-inspector took Veer to his cell. Anurag began to talk with Sam.
Anurag: Congrats Detective! We have completed 90% of the case.
Sam: It's actually unfortunate as the Stabber never increased his frequency which will make it tough to find him!
Anurag: So how do we move now sir?
Sam: To find the Stabber I need to find the killer of the Rahul Gupta. To find the killer of Rahul Gupta I need to find the secret of The Drowning Ship. To find the secret of The Drowning Ship I must save it from being robbed by Blue!
Anurag: Tough way to go sir!
Sam: Yes! Call Divesh and tell him that I need to have a look at King Vasikaran's castle.
Anurag: Ok sir!

11:30 pm

Sam received call from Racy and they had a good talk about the case. Sam also invited her to come with him at King Vasikaran's castle tomorrow. Later Sam received a call from an unknown number.
Sam: Hello, who is it?
Caller: I know where your parents are!

12:00 am