01 Contract

CONTRACT

01

"Are you gonna be alright Mikayla?" Mother Superior (aka Jenny) asked me, a worried expression on her face.

I was going off with my scooter to run some errands. This was probably my first time riding a scooter to somewhere so far, I had to pass by some fields and roads that were too long.

"Don't worry, Mother Superior. I'm gonna be alright. See?" I played with the headlights and moved my handle. Mother didn't looked too convinced though but she nodded allowing me to leave. I wore my matching pink helmet and Mother nodded once again. "Fine, but be careful." She lastly reminded and I smiled at her and waved as I rode off.

(( somewhere in the city .. ))

"Today's concert was great, I had to say." The president of 5 Seconds Of Summer's management clapped his hands, while they were all sitting in the van.

"How is a performance with a singer who lip-syncs a whole concert, so great?" Luke Hemmings, the lead vocal of the band said, his voice sounding obviously sketchy. "Hey .. You're advised not to participate from live singing because of your throat. You know that." The president, Dan Wills, said. He sounded much more serious than just now.

Calum Hood, who was sitting right beside Luke, just nodded in acknowledgement to the president. Even Ashton Irwin, the drummer of the band, kept quiet. "What good is a singer who doesn't sing?" Luke rolled his eyes and slumped back into his seat, putting his headphones on.

"Never mind about that ! We're gonna bring you the best vocal into the band. With his great vocal talents, he'll be able to help the band. For sure." The atmosphere in the room became even more tense and the van was just driven to the band's next destination, probably their house.

I rode off on my quite brand new pink scooter and smiled. The day was so bright, as usual and the fields were so peaceful in the afternoon. There was no cars or any vehicles so it was just me and my scooter. Everything was so sunny. I was riding in a small lane, that could let a car pass through, in the middle of a field until I looked to the back and saw a fairly large black Range Rover. It was driving right behind me. Surprising.

Time to make use of my headlights ! I switched the right one on and turned the handle as the scooter moves to the right side of the lane so the car could pass. Expecting the car to pass and move on, it didn't and was still driving right behind me.

"Maybe it's because the lane is too small," I smiled to calm myself down,"I'll move to left this time." I switched on the left headlight and moved the scooter so it would be driving on the left side of the lane but the car still, unknowingly, didn't want to pass.

What is wrong with this driver? I decided to ignore him and continue driving to the left. "He can move whenever he wants to, I don't care." Just as I whispered that to myself, the car quickly speeded pass me and stops right in front of my scooter. The driver's car blocked the whole lane so my scooter had to stop or it will collide.

"Wha--" I was interrupted by the sudden door opening and there came a middle-aged man with very round sunglasses. He wore a black suit and a white dress shirt with a blue tie. He looks shorter than what most guys who wears his kind of outfit would turn out to be. I stayed still in my scooter.

He walks calmly towards me and stood right in front of my pink scooter. His elbow steadily rested on the handle of my scooter. I was shocked by his act but stood just still, not knowing what to do. His behavior was odd but I had no courage at that moment to do anything.