Chapter 22 The Phone Call

Chapter 22

Claire POV

The phone starts to ring, and then someone picks up.

"Hello?"

It was a lady on the phone. I listened, a little startled wondering if I got the wrong number."

"Hi umm....is their a guy named Gray there?"

I stood shaking.

"Sure, il go get him.

I heard the lady put down the phone and call for Gray. Then Gray answered.

"Hello? Whos this?"

"Hi, umm it's Claire..

"Claire!! I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?"

"I've been fine..I was just wondering how your life is out there.

"I'm good, Forget Me Not is a very nice town. Actually, soon I'm going to live on a farm similar to yours.

"Why? You were never the farm type of guy."

"Well...umm....I'm getting married...

I suddenly dropped the phone... Cliff,Ellie,Trent, and Ann all stare back at me. I picked up the phone and put it back on the hook. Then I stormed out of the Inn tearing up.

I don't know why I felt that why when he said that. I should have said stayed and said I was happy for him..why did I do that??

Pov Gray

"Hello? Hello? Claire? You still their?

Maybe she hung up...

I wonder if she's happy I'm getting married.

"Honey who was that?" a lady said

"A old friend of mine, named Claire."

"Claire? What's her last name?"

"Johnson"

"Gray darling... thats my sister..."

To be continued

************

POV Claire

At home

I ran all the way home with tears in my eyes, still wondering why I'm upset in the first place. I shouldn't be upset, I have my own boyfriend. And Gray moved away.. A knock was on the door.

I opened the door, and their was Ellie, Trent, Ann and Cliff. I put on a fake smile and wiped away the tears and let them in.

"Claire are you ok? I saw you ran out of the Inn today. You looked upset, so we came over." Ellie said worriedly

"Oh yes! I'm fine... how about I make some tea for you guys! Umm..how much sugar?" I said trying to change the subject.

I scurried out of the living room area and started brewing tea.

"Cliff, she's your girlfriend, ask her what's wrong dummy! (*said in whisper* although I wish you were mine..) said Ann trying not to let me hear.

Cliff walked over to me, while Trent Ellie and Ann stared.

"Claire...I know your upset... why.."

I was putting tea bags into the cups. Then Cliff turned me around grabbing my waist. I looked at him, and started sobbing all over again. Ellie, Ann, and Trent motioned to Cliff saying they were gonna leave. I was comferted by Cliff alone next to some tea.

I love him...but..what about Gray?