no. 4 ◇ Greetings

Charlie's POV

I get home and decide to take a shower since I didn't have time to this morning and I feel super gross now.
My mom is already home and in the kitchen preparing for the dinner tonight.

"Don't forget Gary and his son are coming for dinner tonight and will get here around 6:30 p.m., so be on your best behaviour and wear something nice." She reminds me as I start to walk up the stairs "Got it." I reply and head upstairs.

I go up to my room to set down my backpack and then grab some towels before heading into the bathroom to shower. After I'm done showering, I go back to my room to pick out clothes for tonight.

I decide to wear a white high waist mini skirt with a pink cropped sweater and light pink heels. I put in some pearl earrings and do my makeup so it looks nice and natural.

I check the time and see that it's 6:00 p.m., so after checking my phone and going on instagram and twitter for a few minutes, I decide to go downstairs and see if my mom needs help with anything.

"Honey could you set these plates out on the table in the dining room while I finish tossing the salad?" She asks and I do just that.

A few minutes later, the table is set and the food is almost all ready. The doorbell rings and mom says "Oh! That must be them!" and rushes over to answer the door. The door opens and my mom greets and hugs this tall, slightly built dude with gray hair, tan skin, a partial sleeve of tattoos, and blue eyes—Gary Hemmings.

Then, Gary motions to a taller, slightly muscular boy with blonde hair and incredible blue eyes. On his lower lip is a black lip ring and he stands tall in a pair of black skinny jeans and a white button up shirt that isn't fully buttoned up so it displays part of his chest where a small silver chain hangs down from around his neck.

My mom gives him a quick greeting and hug before ushering the both of them into the house so she can shut the front door.

Gary starts talking to my mom and his son's eyes drift around the room. They meet mine and he flashes me a contagious smile displaying pearly white teeth and amazing dimples. I melt and shyly return it with a lips only smile and feel the skin by my eyes crinkle.

"Hey Charlie!" Gary says motioning me to come join the group in the doorway and I walk over to them, "This is Luke, my son and your future stepbrother." he says as Luke extends a rather large hand out towards me.

A few months after I found out about my mom dating Gary, my mom told me she was engaged to him. It wasn't too shocking, but the news is still a bit new to me.

"Hi Charlie, I'm Luke." he says in a sweetly deep voice and smiles once again. My mind is swarming with thoughts and I'm screaming on the inside but all I say is "Hi Luke, I'm Charlie." I shake his hand which grips mine firmly and gives it a squeeze before letting go.

"Yeah, I know." He says "I'm a friend of Michael's."

---------

3rd Person POV

Luke and his dad were on their way over to her house, Charlie's house. Luke couldn't wait to see her in person.

~

The first time Luke heard about Charlie was at Michael's house. He and his bandmates were in Michael's basement getting drunk and playing video games as per usual.

Michael started rambling on about this girl he met who was in a bunch of his clasess at school, Charlie Sinclair. "She's like really hot but I don't know I kinda just see her as a friend, so I've decided I'm not gonna try to hit that."