No. 11 ◇ Poppity Corn

Charlie's POV

We head downstairs to the kitchen and Luke opens a cupboard and grabs a packet of butter-free microwaveable popcorn. I open another cupboard to get a big bowl.

It's only on the middle shelf, but I'm short so I can barely reach it. "Luke, I can't reach the bowl." I say "Can you get it for me?" I ask and he walks up right behind me.

Suddenly I feel him hoisting me up onto his shoulders. I squeal in suprise and now I'm way too tall as I tower above the kitchen.

"Luke!" I shout, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm helping you reach the bowl." He chuckles and I reach down to grab the big blue bowl.

"Well, I have it now, you can put me down." I say waving the bowl in front of his face.

"Hmm I don't feel like it." He says " I think I'll just carry you around like this while we make popcorn."

"Well then I'll just jump off of you." I say putting my arms on his shoulders and sliding my right leg to his back instead of having it hang around his shoulder.

But before I can jump off from him, he grabs my leg putting it back where it was and firmly holds both of my thighs down on either side of his neck.

"Don't even think about trying to escape." He says playfully "You're mine now."

And with that he proceeds to carry me around the kitchen on his shoulders while he puts the popcorn into the microwave and we wait for it to pop. The microwave beeps and he turns into a surgeon ordering things to be put in his hand.

"Bowl." He says and I hand him the bowl which he takes and pours the popcorn into.

"Butter." He says holding out his hand and I reach down to the counter to grab the melted butter.

I don't realize my chest is right next to his face until I turn to him and hold out the butter. His eyes quickly leave where their gaze was focused and I just decide to ignore it.

"SeasOnIng." His voice slightly cracks and I drop the seasoning into his hand.

He finishes making the giant bowl of popcorn and he holds it up for me to to take as his hands return to my thighs.

He slowly starts making circles with his fingers around the skin of my inner thigh. My eyes widen "Luke no." I snap at him as if he were a bad dog and his fingers stop "What, I was just moving my fingers."

I roll my eyes and he walks over to the stairs to start our journey up them. He carries me up suprisingly fast as if I'm as light as a feather which I'm totally not.

"Duck," he says as he opens the door to his room.

"Goose?" I say in reply waiting for him to set me down so we can go into his room and watch the movie.

He lets out huge laugh and says "I meant duck as in duck your head down so you don't bang it on the doorway."

"Oh" I say feeling stupid and I do as he tells me. We enter the room and he grabs the popcorn from me setting it on the nightstand next to the bed.

He walks me over to the bed and suddenly his hands travel to my waist. I gasp at the sudden contact and he lifts me over his head and turns me in the air so that I'm now facing him. Slowly he lowers me down his body.

He holds me for a second when our faces are right in front of each others and my eyes meet his light blue ones. My breath hitches and he bites his lip ring sending shivers down my spine.

My feet reach the ground but his hands don't let go of my waist. We stand like that for a moment as a million thoughts race through my mind.

He takes a step forward and I take a step backwards falling on the bed. He hovers above me and I look up helplessly into his eyes.

His eyes are dark and full of lust. "Luke?" I ask and his eyes lighten up and he shakes his head "Yeah?" He replies.

"So are we going to watch the movie or...." are you going to fuck my brains out I think but then realize I shouldn't be thinking that.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He says getting up and walking over to grab the remote before sitting down next to me.

I sit up and push myself back against the headboard.
Secretly I'd rather not watch the movie. But I told him nothing can happen again and I have to stand by my word.

Luke's POV

She's starting to get turned on again. I can feel it and I can see it in her reactions. In no time she'll be back in my arms begging for me regardless of the coin toss. But for now we'll just watch Mean Girls. Together. In a bed. Side by side. Inches away from each other.

"'It's Cady's big day!!! I guess it's normal for parents to cry on their kid's first day of school, but this usually happens when the kid is five.'"

I tear my eyes away from Charlie as the movie begins and I focus my attention on the screen secretly mouthing all the lines word for word.

Halfway into the movie the popcorn is all gone and I'm practically reinacting the movie in front of a hysterical Charlie who is on the bed laughing uncontrollably while I'm standing right next to the screen switching between characters as I recite each line and act out each scene.

In my best Gretchen Wieners impression I say "Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Brutus is just a cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody? That's not what Rome is about. We should totally stab Caesar!"

I pop into my Cady Heron impression to do the voice over "Gretchen Wieners had cracked." Charlie laughs even harder and starts rolling around on the bed as I continue. Suddenly she falls right of the bed and onto the carpet. "Ah-ow" she groans and I quickly break character rushing over to her while Gretchen vents to Cady about Regina on screen.

"Are you alright?" I ask Charlie, genuinely concerned about her and she nods. "Yeah, I'm fine, just fell off the bed thanks to you." She laughs and stands up. "Ow" she says grabbing her left ankle and pressing her arm against me for support.

"Oh baby, you are not fine." I say quickly helping her sit on the bed. "No, I am it's just like slightly sprained, really I'm fine." She says but I insist that she's not.

"Well I'm gonna get you some ice." I say quickly pausing the movie before I rush down the stairs to the kitchen.

I open the freezer and grab an ice pack and sprint up the stairs again. She's lying on the bed against the headboard inspecting her ankle as I walk back in.

I crawl up on the bed next to her and gently grab her leg extending it on the mattress. I gently press the ice pack onto her ankle and she hisses at the sudden coldness but relaxes as it makes her ankle feel better.

"Thanks." she says smiling over at me. "No problem." I reply and then lean down and kiss her ankle. I can't tell what she's thinking so I just unpause the movie and crawl up the bed sitting next to her with my back against the cushioned headboard.

I scoot closer to her as we watch the movie and then wrap my arms around her pulling her close. She doesn't try to get away and I smile when she rests her head on my shoulder.

We continue to watch the movie in silence, laughing occasionally and Charlie soon drifts off to sleep in my arms.

Author's note:
Awwww i don't know what to do. I think that the next chapter Charlie might have a realization and then somethin could happen wink wink. Also sorry I haven't been updating any of my books, I have like 4 summer jobs and I just don't have a lot time to write right now :(