no. 6 ◇ School's Out Scream & Shout

Charlie's POV

After dinner we all play a game of cards which was pretty fun and then we talk a little more and then Luke and Gary go home.

Luke and I talked about school and the band and he told me some embarrassimg things about the guys that I will definately use as blackmail later.

But really all I could think about while talking to him was how his lips looked as he talked, how his eyes were so blue and lit up everytime I spoke, how I wanted to run my fingers through his perfect hair, how his voice was so soothing and his laugh intoxicating, how further into the conversation we seemed only inches apart though we had started talking sitting back in our chairs, and most prominently how it felt being close to him. It felt safe and comfortable and so peaceful. Like laying down on a soft bed afer a long day.

I also couldn't stop thinking about what happened before dinner when his arms were wrapped around my waist and how during dinner he freaking snaked his foot up my leg and made me squirm.

After helping my mom clean up after Gary and Luke lef, I go up to my room and take off my heels and change into my pajamas.

I can't stop smiling and feel all twitterpated inside. I feel really stupid because even though I just met Luke, and he's going to be my stepbrother, I can't deny that I totally have a stupid little crush on him now.

I need to get this predicament off my chest, so I decide to text Penny though I consider texting Michael but simce Luke is Michael's friend too, it would be awkward to talk about Luke with him, plus this is girl talk.

I text Penny that I need help because Luke from Michael's band is my future stepbrother and I think he's kinda hot and something happened. Almost immediately I get a text back.

Penny: CALL ME AND DISH TO SOPHIE AND I

As soon as she answers my call, I hear an ear piercing shreik and giggles. I tell them about how cute Luke looked and how hot his voice was and as soon as I start to tell them about the nickname thing Penny says "Nuh-Uh, girl I need to hear this in person. Let's meet for tea time tomorrow after school."

Tea time is a tradition in England I guess, but Penny and I use it as a term for when we get together and talk about boys or drama, which is usually regarding Penny's love life or my nonexistent one. We order tea or coffee or hot chocolate or whatever beverage we feel like and find somewhere to sit. Then, we sip tea and spill tea.

"Deal," I say "Sophie you can come too, then you can be officially part of our group."

"Ooo yeah" says Penny "It will be like an initiation."

And with that I hang up and get ready for school tomorrow. I start with homework and finish most of it but it takes longer than usual since I can't seem to stop thinking about Luke and his perfect eyes and his perfect voice and that killer smile and his perfectly blonde hair and his largeness and the way he smelled and how he felt and how I felt wrapped up in his arms.

And that freaking teasing at the dinner table. Ugh, I can't believe his foot turned me on.

I push those thoughts as hard as I can from my mind and focus on my homework. I finally get it done and decide to get ready for bed.

After my nighttime routine, I slip off my skirt and cropped sweater and grab a short red satin nightgown. I put it on and sleepily climb into bed. Once under the covers I turn off the lamp and try to sleep.

----------

It's been a few weeks since the dinner with Luke and Gary and then tea time with Penny and Sophie the next day. Today is the last day of school and I'm so nervous about final exams.

Thankfully that's about the only thing I'm nervous about because after a few more dinners with Gary and Luke, I'm not worried about spending two weeks with Luke after the wedding or living with them.

Luke hasn't done anything except talk to me as a sibling would. We've gotten to know each other even better and Gary is very dad like, well I assume.

I never knew my father and probably never will. He had brown hair and green eyes, left when I was three months old, and never came back. My mom and him got a divore and she got full custody of me. Apart from telling me that, after I pestered her about it for a while when I was younger, my mom never really talks about him and I haven't asked about him since. But Gary is always cracking lame jokes and Luke has confirmed he's a great dad, so I assume he's what a dad is like.

I'm in science class with Michael and we're finishing our last exam of the year. Biology sometimes sucks, like when we have to take important exams or do a presentation with a drunk partner, but besides that, it was one of my favorite classes.

I fill in my last answer and decide to look back over my test since I have some time to spare. I correct a few mistakes as others start turning their exams in. After looking over the rest of the paper, I turn mine in as well.

I spend the rest of the class period doodling in my notebook. I look throughout the class for inspiration and my eyes find Michael looking over his test, looking more focused than I've ever seen him appear.

I end up drawing him as a cartoon kitten Pokémon style and as I'm shading his ears he gets up and turns his test in. He comes back to the lab table and looks over at what I'm drawing.

"Holy shit is that me if I were a Pokemon?!" He whispers excitedly. I nod and whisper back "I'm almost done."

"CharChar, you're the coolest friend ever." He says right as the bell rings. I tear the finished masterpiece out of my notebook and hand it to him. "Think of it as 'Congratulations you made it through finals week' present."

We make our way out of school where people are screaming and shouting and celebrating. "Wait I got something for this." Michael says rumaging through his backpack, wanting to join in on the celebration.

"If it's alcohol, we're still on school grounds and you're still underage." I say hoping he's not that daring.

"Don't worry it's just this." He pulls out a tiny blue bottle. "Drugs?" I question assuming the worst, seriously wondering what it could be, since usually that is his idea of a celebration.

"I don't think they're drugs, but they can be addicting." He says opening the bottle and blowing a bubble with the tiny wand attached to the cap. "Ohhhh" I laugh with relief. He blows a big cluster of bubbles and we start dancing around in them as he continues to make the shiny little orbs.

Calum, Ashton, Penny, and Sophie run up to us and join in the fun. We mess around and talk for a bit and Michael reminds us all about the party he's havimg next weekend. Then Sophie says she has to leave and Calum and Ashton leave as well. Penny gives me a hug and promises to text me to hang out later and Michael and I walk to our cars.

Usually I or one of the guys give Michael a ride home because he gets really tired and sometimes drunk towards the end of the school day, but during finals week he takes caffine pills so he's full of energy.

"I know you don't like big parties, but promise me you'll come to this one." He pesters me about it for the millionth time today "Fine, I'll come." I say "But if my mom finds out I went to a wild house party while she was on her honeymoon, she'd freak, so you have to make sure Luke will come as well. I feel like he would totally snitch on me if he got the chance." I say and then get into my car.

"Don't worry I already invited him." he shouts at me as he gets into his car "It's funny, he said the same thing about you." He says as he starts up his red Ford mustang and I start my car. "Oh, well happy summer," I say "See you later then."

"Okay, well have fun with Luke this summer. But not to much fun if you know what I mean." He winks and I roll my eyes.

Author's Note:
I feel like I skip a lot of things I could elaborate on and summarize things a bit, but whatever idk what I'm doing anyway. Anyhoo vote, comment, follow, share, yeaaaaahhhhh byeeeee ♡