Part 5: The Book

Lydia's POV

"I can explain." He says quickly and walks towards me. "You're Chat Noir." I say showing a light smile. "You can't tell anyone, okay?" He says. "Of course I won't tell anyone. But if I know your secret I guess you'll have to know mine." I say and I call in Duusu and she comes flying in and lands on my shoulder. "I'm Blue." I say and Adrien looks shocked. "Wha-what? But how? You said you inherited it from mom?" He says rather quickly. "You don't know...." I say and go sit on his bed. "Come sit, we have a lot to talk about." I say and he sits beside me. "Mom was a miraculous holder, Duusu was her kwami." I begin and nod to Duusu who's still on my shoulder. At that moment a black figure came flying out of Adrien's pocket eating a piece of cheese. "You must be Plagg." I say to him and he drops his cheese. "Duusu?" The kwami says and they both hug like they haven't seen each other in years; which is true. "How do you know Plagg's name?" Adrien asks. "It's in the book. Can you guys get the book from my room? Duusu knows where it is." I say and they fly out of the room and returning with a big book that's a little too heavy for them. "Thank you." I say and take the book and place it in my lap. I open the page to where it shows all the miraculous. "There are 9 miraculous in total. You have Plagg, the power to destroy. Ladybug has Tikki, the power to create. I have Duusu, the power of wind." I say and pause to let Adrien sink in the new information. "So there are 9 superheroes out there now?" He asks stunned. "Well, no. You see the villain what's his name, has the butterfly kwami. And the person who has wyzz, the turtle kwami, is the keeper of them. The others are not being used at the moment." I say and pause again. "How do you know?" "I spoke to the keeper, Master Fu. He's here in Paris and he's the one who gave you and Ladybug the miraculous. And he's also the one who gave Duusu to mom." I say and he quickly stands up holding his head. "I know this is a lot to take in at once but-" I say but I'm cut off. "So mom was a superhero?" He asks. "Yes, and apparently one of the best, according to Duusu here." I say and she nuzzles my face. "Here, look. This book tells about each miraculous holder and what they did, including mom." I say and turn the pages to show a quick sketch of her and a list of the amazing things she's done. Adrien sits back down beside me and takes the book on his lap. "Wow." He says quietly and reads the page. "When she was a holder there were no villains but there was a lot of crime. She stopped so many criminals; thieves, murders, and even prevented accidents and bombings." I say. "But when she got sick... she was told by Master Fu to stop or she will get worse quicker. But she didn't listen, she wanted-needed to help people." I say and Adrien looks up at me from the book. "We really are her kids." He says with a slight smile. "We sure are." I say with a giggle. "What else does this book say?" He asks, quickly changing the subject. "Everything from the past holders to the kwami's abilities to hidden powers. But that's written in a different language and I can't figure out what it says. I was hoping Master Fu knows." I say. "Do you know where he is?" "Not a single idea, and Paris is pretty big." I say closing the book. "Maybe Ladybug knows." I say and make a kissy face. "I knew that was coming." He says and hides his face. "I see why you like her; she's smart, caring, and dependent. We should find out who she is." I say with a smirk. "I tried, she doesn't want us to know each other's identities." He says. "Well we know each other's, maybe that will get her to tell us." I say. "Maybe, but I'm not sure she will trust you." "Why? I helped her while you were being a cat and playing with a plant." I say and laugh. "Okay that's not fair, and because this happened before, someone that was akumatized said she was a miraculous holder and even 'tried' to help us with defeating villains but she's the one who created them in the first place." He says. "Well, I guess it's a good thing you know pretty well." I say and cross my arms. "We are meeting up later tonight anyway, we can tell her then." I say and he nods.