Part 9: Akuma Attacks

Lydia's POV

The next morning at school was going great, Adrien and Marinette were happy and I was actually learning stuff until there was a big explosion that shook the whole school, possibly the whole block. Marinette looks at me worried and I nod to her. I got up from the back of the class and head toward the front where they were sitting and sat down next to Marinette and Alya. The teacher quickly turned on the radio that was talking about what happened. Turns out it wasn't an explosion but an earthquake. But what caused it wasn't natural; it was an akuma victim. There was another earthquake and people started running out of classroom and down the hall. Our class did the same and in the middle of the commotion Adrien, Marinette and I slipped away to transform and head in the direction of the villain.
"I am Earthshaker, and I will recreate the planet!" The victim said as he was about to make another earthquake but Ladybug threw her yoyo at him and it wrapped around his legs causing him to fall and loss concentration. "The akuma must be in his tie." She says with her yoyo still around his feet. "And let me guess, I'll distract him." Chat says and Ladybug nods. "I'll go after him head on and try to grab the tie and get it to you." I say to Ladybug and she nods. The plan works great until I grab his tie and toss it to Ladybug causing the victim to get angry and shake the earth underneath our feet and the ground starts to crack. "Ladybug, hurry!" I yell as she rips the tie apart. "It didn't work! It must be something else!" She yells. I then notice something that stands out, he's wearing a pin in the shape of the earth. "It's the pin!" I say and try to grab it since I'm closest but I hear Chat scream behind me. I turn to see that he's falling into a very large crack in the ground. "CHAT!" I yell as I run toward him and dive into the hole trying to reach him. "Adrien! Reach out your hand!" I say and he does. I manage to grab his hand and fly him up and out of the hole. "That's it!" I yell in anger and take my fan and fling Earthshaker into a car and grab the pin then smash it on the ground. A butterfly flies out of it and Ladybug deevilizes it and fixes the streets and the victim turns back to normal. "Lucky for them they don't have to remember anything." I say and everyone laughs. "Are you okay Chat?" Ladybug asks. "Yea, I think so." He says and we all take off since our miraculouses are counting down.

The next few days have been weird.. Adrien spends most of his free time with Marinette instead of spending time with me after not seeing each other for years. But he's happy so I don't make a fight about it. It's my turn to patrol tonight since Ladybug did yesterday and Chat the night before. I like patrolling, gives you time to think and just be by yourself. Unless of course an akuma attack happens. And with my luck that's just what happens. I turn the corner to see a man on... fire? Not only is he on fire but he's controlling it. Causing trees, cars, and mailboxes on fire. Good thing it's not buildings.. yet. "Hey!" I yell trying to get his attention and stopping him from setting another car on fire. A few people run past me since it is the middle of the night. He turns around and starts throwing fireballs at me. I dodge them quickly and call Chat and Ladybug on my phone since I'm using the fan to put out nearby fires. The phone goes to voice mail and I call them again but nothing. I try calling them a third time but drop my phone when I dodge another fireball as it just misses my face. I fly over top of him and land behind him. I quickly use my fan and send out a wave of wind that knocks him into a light post. The fire around him goes out for a second then starts again as he gets up. "Where are they?" I say to myself as I send another wave of wind at him but this time he was ready for it and dodges it. He throws a fire ball at me and I send it back to him with my fan but I wasn't ready for another one to intently fly at me hitting my hand and dropping my fan. I grab my hand in pain and kneel down. Think Lydia, think. I look at him and see that he's wearing a firefighter helmet. Why didn't I see that before? I get up and walk toward him, I gather all the power I can and force it to push him back without my fan. I then start flying around him making a small vortex to stop the fire long enough for me to grab the helmet. I see my chance and grab it. Breaking the helmet I realize that Ladybug isn't here to deevlize it. I quickly snatch it in my good hand and a small flicker of pink light shows up in my hand and I open it, revealing a non evil butterfly. I let it go and all the fires go out, the damage disappears and fixes itself. What did I just do? I walk over to the victim and help him up. "Are you okay?" I ask him as he looks confused. "What happened?" He asks me and picks up how helmet that magically fixed itself. "Doesn't matter, everything is okay now." I say and pick up my fan and my phone then fly off. I land on a nearby rooftop to look at my hand. Not only was it still hurting but I have a big burn mark on my hand and wrist.

I fly into my room through an open window and detransform. I go to my bathroom and open the first aid kit and apply some cream and bandage it up with only one hand and trying not to scream at the pain. I crawl into bed and try to get some sleep before I have to wake up tomorrow for school in a few hours.

How did you like this chapter?? I will post the next one either later today or tomorrow.