Part 12: The 3 Gifts

Lydia's POV

We've been training and training non stop for the last week but we still can't master our gifts or be as strong as we could be with our kwamis. "Ugh! This isn't working!" Marinette says as we all try to meditate to channel our emotions. "Well... what do you feel when you use your lucky charm?" I ask her. "What?" She says confused. "Well we use a trigger to use our gifts. So what do you feel when you use your lucky charm to save the day?" I ask again. "Happy I guess." She says. "Why?" I ask. "Because I know that I can save the akumatized victim with it." She says and I have an idea, a terrible idea. But maybe a good one at the same time. I get up and walk over to the weapons table. "What are you doing?" Adrien asks who's been siting there quietly for a while now. "If she can't channel her emotions then I'm going to do it for her." I saw as I grab a knife and run the sharp blade across the palm of my hand. The pain stings as my hand starts to bleed. "Are you crazy?" Adrien yells and comes to music but I stop him. "I want you to create something to stop the bleeding." I say to Marinette and hold my hand tight. "How am I suppose to do that? Don't we have bandaids here or something?" She asks in a panic and runs towards me. "No we don't." I say and I see the fear in her eyes until I see a small spark but big enough to tigger her gift because a medical wrap appears in her hand with a flash of red light. "You did it." I say and she's so proud of her self and starts wrapping my hand up. I feel the pain stop and I look under the wrap to see that it's fully healed and take it off. "Helping you also helped me." I say and show them my hand. "Don't you dare do something like that again!" Adrien says in a panic. "Well if it helps you with your gift then I will." I say with a grin and laugh. "Now lets see if you can do it again." I say to Marinette. "You can do it. Try something small. Like an elastic. I need one for my hair." I say to encourage her and she concentrates as she holds her hands together and opens them. "I did it!" She says happily and a red elastic appears in her hand. "Thank you." I say and grab it and put my hair in a ponytail. "I see you have made an improvement." Master fu says as he walks down the stairs. "Yea, I found my trigger." Marinette says. "Now Adrien must find his before it's too late." He says and walks over to see the kwamis huddled in a basket. "All 3 gifts must be awakened for the kwamis to gain their strength back and for you too win the battle." He says and leaves. "Okay, Adrien. What do you feel when you use chatsclysm?" I ask. "Ugh, anger I guess." He says. "Great, this should be easy." I say and face him toward a punching bag. "What do you get angry at and why?" I ask standing behind him. "Um, Hawkmoth I guess. He's been trying to steal our miraculous for years now and won't give up. He's been using innocent people to do his dirty work and it's NOT RIGHT." He says in an angry tone and Marinette and I back up. His first are clenched at his side and start glowing green. "Use that anger and take it out on the punching bag. Channel it and aim it." I say and he does just that. He stretches out his arm and opens his hand to have a green light shot out and hit the bag, making it completely disintegrate. "You did it." Marinette says and walks up to him and places a hand on his shoulder. "You can't let your anger control you, or your power will get out of control and take over you." I say in a soft voice. "I know." He replies with a deep breath. "You have a powerful gift, use it with caution." Marinette adds in and I check on the kwamis. Tikki, Plagg, and Duusu start to open their eyes but fall back asleep. "It's working, but we need to practice and train harder to keep them safe." I say not taking my eyes off of Duusu. She looks cold and weak. I would do anything to help her. And I'm not going to stop until she's okay, until all 3 of them are okay.