Part 15: The Secret Room

Lydia's POV

"How can he be Hawkmoth? We've been fighting our father all this time? Just because he has this paper doesn't mean he's Hawkmoth." Adrien says very quickly in a panic tone.
"I'm sure he is." I say looking for other things that might explain how he got a miraculous or something else that might tell us he really is Hawkmoth.
I open the bottom drawer to his desk and 3 white butterflies fly out.
"Those are the same butterflies Hawkmoth used to akumatize people." I say to Adrien.
"Need any more evidence that he is Hawkmoth?" I say as I search through the drawers still until I found his laptop.
"There's gotta be something on here." I say as I open it up and turn it on.
"What if he comes back?" Adrien says as he urges me to leave the study.
"Then I can ask him straight and take the miraculous back to Master Fu." I say as I try to guess his password to the laptop and failing.
"Oh no... Nooroo." I say and pause from typing.
"Is that the moth Miraculous." Adrien asks.
"Yes. I just thought of how he might be feeling. Kwamis are good by nature. It's how the holder uses its gifts that causes evil. No matter how evil or dark the holder is. The kwamis will never turn but they will be very sad because they cannot disobey the holder on how they chose to use the power." I say as I still try to guess the password.
"Oh no. Now I want to stop Hawkmoth even more to save Nooroo." Adrien says as he sits in the chair behind the desk.
"You mean our fath—.. I got it." I say as the password I guessed was correct.
"What was the password?" He asks leaving forward still sitting on the chair.
"His and moms anniversary." I say as I start snooping in the many different folders he has in the laptop.
"So you said you know what he was trying to do, his plan?" Adrien says.
I look away from the laptop and to Adrien and sit on the desk.
"The spell... it can bring someone back from the dead. But there's a catch... you need 3 certain kwamis and their powers. And guess which ones." I say.
"I'm guess the power to create, destroy and the light."
"Yes. But once this spell is used. It will destroy the item and the kwami" I say as a touch the necklace that's around my neck and Duusu flies around me.
"That spell is forbidden. It was ripped out of the book centuries ago. I'm not sure how your father got it." She said and lands on my shoulder.
"But the spell isn't exact. It only brings back a part of them. It won't bring back their soul." I say and let go my necklace.
"He's trying to bring back mom." He says.
"Yes. That's the only explanation for everything. Why he was so obsessed with getting your miraculous over the last couple years. But even if he did get them he was missing one; mine. If mom was a miracouls holder she must've told dad everything. That's how he knows and how he might have gotten Nooroo. But he's never tried to contact me over the years. Not once. He might not have known she gave me the necklace." I say as I stand up.
I close the laptop and take a step back.
"Come on. We need to tell Marinette and come up with a plan. The best option may be to sneak the miracouls away from him. This way we can avoid a fight like how the prophecy says."
"But it's a prophecy. Isn't the point it that it will come true." Adrien says as he pushes the chair back to stand up. But as he does it hits the portrait of our mother behind him and rattled a bit.
"Oops." He says and stands up. We hear a slight click and look over the desk to see that a piece of floor has opened up to show a staircase.
"A secret door." I say and walk around the desk.
"Come on." Adrien says as he starts walking down the stairs first. I follow behind him still holding the laptop.
"I don't think this is a good idea." Duusu says still on my shoulder. We hear a click again and the floor above us closes again. We follow the stairs deeper and deeper until we see a light at the bottom.
"What is this?" Adrien says as he walks onward to the light to see a an empty room with a very large window.
"His lair?" I say looking around.
I look behind us see what looks like a very large glass container shaped like a coffin almost. I walk toward it and wipe the fog with my hand to see inside and gasp.
"Oh my god. Adrien!" I slightly shout. He comes running over and takes a look.
"It's mom..." he says in shock.
We both stand there in shock and panic not knowing what to do next.
"He's crazy. This is insane." Adrien says with anger in his voice.
"We need to get out of here now." I saw and grab his arm.
"We has a funeral. She is suppose to be resting, in peace." He says without moving. I look down and see his hands in fists. Clenching does hard that his knuckles are turning red.
"Adrien I know this is terrible but we need to leave." I say urging him again.
"No. He needs to pay for what he's did. Mom was a hero, a miraculous holder. She wouldn't want his... innocent people being akumatize and getting hurt, the damage done to the city, the pain we went through, the loneliness I felt when he would disappear, he treated us so poorly you left, the things he put me and Marinette through. He needs to pay ." He says still facing the glass coffin.
"Adrien you need to calm down." I saw as I back away slowly. The anger, the pain. He need to control his emotions.
"Adrien, remember what I said about controlling your emotions. You need to calm down and back away." I said as I back up towards the stairs.
"No. He needs to pay." He says again and a black shadow over takes him and he disappears like how the boogeyman did.
"Oh no." I say. "I need to warn Marinette."
I transform and fly out the open gap through the large window still with the laptop in my hands towards Marinette's.