Prologue

It has been five years since Sherlock's encounter with his sister, Eurus. Some things have changed, but some things have stayed the same.

There have been no more occurrences of Eurus or Moriarty.

Molly Hooper has married a nice man. After Sherlock said "I love you" to her she ironically stopped loving him. Instead she fell in love with a nice man, named Mark Vance, and married him. Sherlock gave a lovely toast at the wedding. Molly and her husband are expecting a baby boy. Sherlock and John are fighting over who the baby gets to be named after.

Lestrade is still the detective inspector for Scotland Yard. Nothing much has changed for Lestrade, except he has a secret lover. Sherlock knows who that is, but refuses to divulge the information. Sherlock told Lestrade he knew of this lover by saying, "It might get a bit rainy today, but you won't be using your own umbrella, Greg,", winking, and leaving. Lestrade nearly passed out.

Mrs Hudson still works at Baker Street, making sure the boys don't kill themselves doing their cases. One time she fell ill with pneumonia. Sherlock and John did not rest until she had the best medical care in all of London. When asked why, John said, "Nothing is ever good enough for Mrs Hudson." Mrs Hudson made a full recovery.

Mycroft still occupies his seat in the British government. Mycroft has also taken on a secret lover, but refuses to say who. Sherlock also knows this, being proud that he was the one to introduce them.

As for the Baker Street Boys, nothing much has changed. Still solving crimes, but no criminal masterminds behind them.

John took 2 years to recover from Mary's death before being himself again. Since then he has dated an array of women, none of which have lasted the way Mary did. He has been single for the past six months.

Sherlock had one boyfriend about 2 years ago. John set them up on a date. Sherlock immediately pointed out all the flaws on this man and encouraged him to leave. No one understood why.

Nothing has changed for the Baker Street Boys. Not quite yet.