Epilogue

*Five years later*

Sherlock was playing a tune on his violin. It's something he's been working on conducting, John wasn't quite sure what for. It was a sweet melody with some sadness intertwined.

"Hey, Sherl, what's that piece for?" John asked. He was sitting in his chair, watching his husband pace around the room while composing.

"It's a surprise for you, my love." Sherlock said, glancing once in John's direction.

John smiled right back at Sherlock, giving him that loving glance that only two soulmates will truly understand.

John checked his phone, just to see what was going on with the world.

Lestrade and Mycroft made their marriage open to the public almost exactly 2 years ago. There wasn't much of a reaction, as everyone already knew about it anyways.

Molly's boy, Daniel Scott Hooper-Vance, went off to his first ever day of kindergarten just a couple of days ago. She's still in a happy marriage with Oliver.

Rosie is around 10 now, and she's been referring to Sherlock as "Father" and referring to John as "Dad" for years now. Sherlock has fun whenever he visits her school and deduces which friends are best for her.

Ben, the dog, is still a wonderful happy dog. He's grown now, but he still acts like a puppy. Sherlock and Ben have a bond, and John suspects Sherlock loves the dog more than him, even thought everyone knows that's not possible.

John smiled to himself. After years of chaos and drama, everything is turning out alright.

*Later that night*

Sherlock and John were sitting together in Sherlock's chair, as they often do now.

"Sherl, I just realized that our 5 year anniversary is coming up soon." John said.

"Is it now?" Sherlock asked, but there was a slight tone in his voice that suggested he already knew about it. "Well, I can safely say that these past five years have been the best of my life."

John thought of something, and it occurred to him that he never asked this question before. "So, Sherlock, would you say you're happy?"

"Of course, John. Why would you even ask?"

"Well, I know you've had a rough time in life. It hasn't been easy for any of us, especially you. I just want to make sure you're happy." John said.

"That's true. I lived most of my life miserable and high, but I think that when I finally found you I was able to find a way to be me and be happy." Sherlock said. "After many, many years of misery, I'm finally happy. And you know why it is?"

"Why?"

"It's because I'm finally able to live out the rest of my days with the love of my life." Sherlock said, ending his sentence with a quick kiss on John's cheek.

"We're finally happy." John said.

"Finally."

Sherlock gave John a kiss before they drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.