23

+
full chapter
+

[Jimin's POV]

-3 days later-

"Flight 95 to Los Angeles, take off in 10 minutes. You have 5 minutes to board the plane." 

"I'm really gonna miss you," I said, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I'm an ugly mess right now," I joked, my voice thick.
"You're a beautiful mess Jimin." I chuckled, and Yoongi wiped my eyes with his sleeve. He engulfed me in a tight hug, before pressing his lips to mine in a passionate kiss. "Bye Jimin. I'll call you as soon as I get to my hotel." I nodded, and watched him walk away, before collapsing into the seat behind me. I stayed there for a while, before finally getting up to go home.  

I unlocked the door, to see my mum making dinner, the TV on in the background. "Don't look so miserable, he'll be back soon," my mum said, her cheery attitude not matching the emotion I was feeling. I scoffed, sitting down on the couch. "Really Mum, the news?" 
"I'm not watching it, I was watching the program before." 

I reached for the remote, until I heard something, something that would break me forever. 

"Flight 95 from Seoul to Los Angeles has crashed. At the moment, we know that the cause of the crash was an explosion in the engine on the left wing of the plane. As of this current time, there are no known survivors, but information is still being collected."

My hands shook. my heart raced. The reporter's voice drifted away, and the world span around me. "That was Yoongi's flight. That was Yoongi's flight," I repeated, until my throat closed up, my lungs burned, and I could no longer breathe. Tears flooded from my eyes. "Jimin, I'm so sorry," my mum said, pulling me into a hug. "You're sorry? My boyfriend, or whatever he was, just died! And you're fucking sorry?" I let her hold me even still, but she wasn't mad. 

Yoongi's dead, and there's nothing I can do to bring him back.

the end.