The Story Begins

"Long ago 2 races ruled over the earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the 2 races. After a long battle, humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell. Legends say that those who climb the mountain never return. But one faithful day a bold and adventurous little girl climbed up mount ebot and fell in. She cried for help because the fall had injured her greatly. Thankfully, the prince of monsters heard her plea and helped her. She was adopted by the Dreemur family and befriended all who lived in the underground. She realized that life in the underground was not all that great for the monsters, and she spent many years trying to break the barrier that separated the underground from the surface. Eventually she succeed, but the humans no longer possessed any magic giving monsters an advantage. They forced the humans to bow down to them and when the girl tried to stop them, she was forced to bow down to the monsters along with the other humans. Today monsters live in palaces and lavish in luxury,  well humans like us are forced to pick pocket others just to survive" my sister Chara told me. "Chara, why are you telling me things I already know?" I asked sleepily laying down on the old, stained, mattress me and Chara share. "Oh no, I'm not telling you anything, I'm writing down the history of humans and monsters so I can teach it to the next generation." Chara replied. She always wanted to be a teacher, which probably explains why she knows so much about human and monster history. It's hard to believe that humans used to rule earth and monsters were stuck underground, but I guess that's why the monsters are so harsh. "Anyway, I need more paper, and I need to go work at the market, so go buy some paper. " Chara said snaping me out of my thoughts. I groaned and got up weak from lack of breakfast. When Chara sais "buy paper" she really means "go through the trash and find usable paper to write on, and beg for some money well your at it". I left the house in a slumped position and dragged myself to the dumpster and looked for paper. If Chara didn't have that minimum wage job that only pays for the house (the monsters heavily tax us on houses) I wouldn't be searching the dump, she would! But at least we are better off than most people. "Darn, there's nothing." I say out loud. All of a sudden I spot a crumpled $5 bill In the trash and grab it. Jackpot! This could get me and my sister breakfast! I rushed to the small restaurant named Marci's Munch. As I entered I saw a hooded figure drop a very valuable watch! You might think that since I'm poor I want to steal it, but I'm not like that. I pick it up ready to give it back when I felt the watch being snatched out of my hand. "What do you think your doing? Stealing is an offense." Someone growled. I turned around to see who it was, and it was a monster! "Oh you have it all wrong! I wasn't trying to take it, I was going to give it to you!" I said in worry.  "Oh, that's sooooo believable." The monsters said sarcastically looking at my ragged and ripped clothes. I felt hurt. "I MAY BE POOR, BUT I HAVE MY MORALS AND I WOULD NEVER STEAL FROM ANYONE! BUT I GUESS I WILL BE LOOKED DOWN ON FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!" I burst out into tears and ran out of the restaurant. "WAIT" I heard the monster yell. I eventually tripped and my $5 bill flew away. "Noooooo" I cried. Then I saw someone catch the bill. It was the monster! "Here" He said handing me the $5 bill. I snatched it from him, wiping my tears. I was about to walk away when the monster grabbed my hand and said "wait.". I stopped and looked at him. "Listen, I'm sorry for judging you based on your appearance,  and it won't happen again. As an apology I will pay for your food" the monsters said to me. "Pffffffffff hahahahahahahaha, yeah ok, sure." I laughed. "Hey, what's so funny?" The monster asked. "Well, it's very odd that a monster is apologizing to a human, hey aren't you suppose to be in the capital with the rest of the monsters?" I asked back. "No I'm not supposed to be there." The monster replied as we walked to Marci's Munch. "So, your a poor monster?" I asked him. "Sure" he said in an unconvincing tone, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. The rest of the walk was in silence, and I took this time to examine the monster. He seemed to be a skeleton. He wore a ragged hoody and shorts. He had a large smile plastered on his face too. "I forgot to ask, what's your name?" The monster asks me as we reach the restaurant. "My name is Frisk, what's yours?" I replied hesitantly. "Sans, now what do ya want to eat?" Sans asked me. I thought about for a moment and decided to eat a chicken sandwich with ketchup. I could never afford one before since I usually didn't have money to spare. Sans just got a bottle of ketchup and drank it which I found very odd, but I didn't judge. Apparently Sans never saw the town before, so I spent the rest of the day showing him around and talking to him. He made tons of puns which I thought was cool and I found out we have a lot in common, like our thirst for adventure. By the time I was done showing him around, it was already night. Sans decided to walk me home. "Hey Frisk?" Sans said. "Yeah?" I replied. "Do you have a job?" Sans asks. I was taken a back by his question, but I replied with a no."ok....can you meet me over by the village gate tomorrow at 6 am?" Sans asked looking exited. "Ok...why?" I answered. "It's a surprise." Sans said as we reached my home. I thanked him and he left. When I entered my house Chara ran up to me and hugged me. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BACK HOURS AGO! YOU DIDN'T EVEN EAT LUNCH OR DINNER! not that we have any but STILL!" Chara yelled. "I'm sorry I'm late....but here it's not to late to buy yourself dinner!" I said sleepily handing Chara the $5 bill. "Me? What about you?"Chara asked confused. "I'm good sis" I said as I layed on the bed wondering what the surprise Sans had was.

Ok guys I'm going to end the chapter here!
Special thanks to Sayit64 for letting me make a story with the au they created!
Anyway

I shall see you shippers in another chapter