Chapter Five: I don't care/ Go on and tear me apart

THERE IS NO denying that he is no look-a-like. There is no denying that somehow he is real. A man of flesh and blood standing in front of me protectively, his broad shoulders blocking my view of the wild looking man and blocking his view of me.

My heart is still pounding in my chest and, at the moment, it doesn't show any signs of stopping anytime soon. The waves continue to crash onto the shore as Xerxion and the wild looking man stare each other down.

"I figured you'd be joining us, Xerxion," says the man. I can't see his face, but his tone sounds bitter but with a hint of smugness.

"Why are you here, Ithuriel? On Earth of all places."

His voice sends waves of bliss rocketing through my spine. It's all I can do to stand and not fall to my knees or reach out my hand, close this distance and touch him. But, then it's like cold water is splashed on me. Ithuriel? Like the Ithuriel I was betrothed to but left because I fell in love with Xerxion. The Ithuriel who then declared war on me and my people.

"We detected her energy signals here, so we came. Then you and your merry band of idiots came, attacked us and in turn, we all ended up crash landing on Earth. Not to mention, I've been following you for weeks. Your sweet little... bond with Rania is really quite convenient. You led me right to her. Now,"-Ithuriel reaches behind himself and pulls out a blade, it shines brightly in the darkness and somehow I am aware it is made of stars and strong enough to cut a falling comet in half-"give Rania to me. She's human, is she not? Sever the tie that binds you to her and get out while you can. What relationship can a Niburuian have with a mortal?"

Xerxion's reaction is immediate. He reaches back with both hands and in each of them is a sword that shines just as brightly as Ithuriel's, gleaming in the dark. He flips the sword around in his hands expertly, getting into a fighting stance.

"Human or not, Rania is all there will ever be for me," Xerxion says, gripping his sword tightly.

My heart tugs and my mind recalls the conversation I had with him in the palace on the Cosmos. When I asked him if he would love me even if I were human and he promised me he would. What we had spoken of then has come true, but he still has love for me in his heart. That very thought takes my breath away.

Ithuriel strikes first, but Xerxion blocks him as if his attack is nothing, pushing Ithuriel back. Not a moment later Xerxion zips forward, both his swords moving in perfect harmony. Ithuriel dodges the attacks, probably hoping for Xerxion to grow tired. But I know he will not. Xerxion was bred to battle.

I look around the beach, not seeing anyone around. I knew for sure if some unsuspecting soul stumbled upon two men having a glowing sword-fight, they would either run for their lives or get their phones out, start recording and upload the video to YouTube. Hell, I'm standing here watching them myself and I can't believe what's happening.

I can only stand and watch while they fight each other like something straight out of a paranormal novel or an action film. At the rate they are going, it doesn't seem like either of them will win. Xerxion is one of the best warriors in the galaxy-at least according to my dreams he is-but Ithuriel is equally every bit as lethal.

Suddenly, Xerxion breaks off from his battle with Ithuriel and chucks one of his swords right at me. My eyes close in surprise, feeling the air of the sword as it whooshes by me. When I hear a grunt from behind me, I turn in shock and see the chocolate skinned man from the library clutching his shoulder in pain, glaring straight at Xerxion. The ghost like woman is close by, though and she is making her way toward me, her big dark eyes staring through me. The moon shines on her white-blonde hair, making it look more like a halo than hair, her pale skin looking even more pale beneath the moon's silver light.