Epilogue

** I added this Epilogue because I felt that Star-Crossed ended a little too abruptly. This chapter introduces a new character who will be in the sequel to Star-Crossed. The sequel to Star-Crossed will be named Starstruck--fitting, I know--and there will be a crapton of twists and turns. Can't wait to finish it for you guys. For now, though, please enjoy this epilogue. Bye, dolls!**

THE BAR IS FILLED with all life-forms known in all seventy-eight sectors and the woman sitting in the very back knew them all. She sat rayed back in her seat, her laced up combat boots were propped up on the table that was made of Sifurian wood. Sifurian wood was a lot like Earth metal except for the fact it was three times stronger and about ten times denser. Sifuri was a planet filled with beings who were--on average--about ten feet tall. Their trees were these huge, endless-looking wonders that seemed to stretch on and on and they covered most of Sifuri. What was even more interesting was the fact that Sifurian trees looked more like they were made from metal than the tree-bark you found from most planets located in the Fifth Sector. This led to many countries wanting to trade with Sifuri to gain access to Sifurian wood so that they could make weapons, furniture, armor, space-shuttles, and many other things. Basically, Sifuri was one of the richest planets in the Fifth Sector.

The woman sat up suddenly, forcing the chair she was raying back in to come forward with a thud that would have been loud if there wasn't so much noise. She placed her hand on the bar table and it lit up, scanning her handprint before taking her to a menu that asked if she'd like another drink or if she'd like to leave. She clicked on the option to leave and reached into her pocket to pull out the planet's currency. She was currently on the planet known as Thesis. It was named after the goddess was said to have created the planet who bore the same name. She was the goddess of creativity and as such, Thesis was one of the most stunning planets in its Sector. Many people who have been to this planet often call it "The Planet of Glass" because everything here is made of glass. Clear, crystal colored glass that came in a variety of colors covered the city in splendor. Everything from the pavements to the buildings to their vehicles was made of glass. It was a planet that many Bounty Hunters, Adventurers and Nomads alike came to when they were just passing by.

And the woman who was tossing down money was just passing by.

She pulled on her coat--a vibrant emerald green trench coat made with fabric from the planet of Nepenthe, which was a planet that all who went there described as incredibly serene--and began heading toward the door. She gave a nod to the bartender before she reached the door. It never failed to surprise her how beautiful the people of Thesis were. They were not beautiful by humanoid standards. In fact, most humans would probably be creeped out by them, and yet, the woman thought the people of Thesis had a beauty that was as unique as it was entrancing. The Thesians had glass for eyes. Sometimes the glass was different colors, pink on one person or coated green on another. According to the people of Thesis, they could see just fine but many people of all Sectors wondered how that worked if your eyes were purely glass. They all had hair made of starlight. Their hair is the purest of white and it literally sets off a glow that would undoubtedly frighten someone who had never seen a Thesian before. And their skin was...another matter since they didn't actually have skin per se. Thesians were made of something between glass and skin. Whatever it was, it ranged in different shades, from light to dark and each was more beautiful than the last.

Stepping out into the Thesian nighttime and out onto the glass covered sidewalk, the woman took a look at her watch--the only Earth item she owned--and sighed. She would have to head over to this planet's Pod Distribution Service early in the morning if she wanted a chance of getting a decent pod with good leg room. The trip to Solis was days long and the last thing she wanted was a cramped pod with no leg room and no place for her to be comfortable enough to sleep during the journey.

She thought of what the king of Solis had said to her as made her way to one of the hotels used for humanoid visitors. Thesians slept on beds of glass, too and it was uncomfortable for most other species, especially the humanoid ones.

Apparently, the king of Solis hadn't heard from his son in weeks. His son had gone to the planet of Earth to chase after Xerxion, the king of Niburu who had lost his queen. The woman had done some digging into this situation and had found that Xerxion believed the queen of Niburu and the one loved by the Mother of the Cosmos had transferred her alien soul to a human one. The idea was insane and unheard of and the woman was sure it was just a man who had lost the love of his life grasping at straws, trying to hold onto his lost Consort in any way he could.

There was no way Rania of the Cosmos could become Rania of Earth. That was just stupid.

Still, she had a job to do. She was to go to Solis and be briefed by the king and then she'd head off to Earth, find Prince Ithuriel and bring him back. It was a tedious mission but the king was paying her two million dollars in three currencies of her choice. How could a girl refuse?

She reached her hotel room without delay and pressed her hand against the cool, metal pad that detected soul activity. The metal pad scanned her soul quickly before it beeped and opened up with a soft groan.

"Welcome back, Lady Sting," the AI greeted her.

Lady Sting walked into her hotel room, threw off her jacket and shoes in one simultaneous movement and plopped down on the bed. She could tell it was made from the planet of Nepenthe. All of their fabrics were the most comfortable things in the Cosmos and their beds were also, hands down, the best things that existed. Lady Sting felt her body relax immediately and she rolled on her back, closing her eyes.

Maybe she was just being paranoid but she had a feeling her quest to go to Earth and pick up Prince Ithuriel was not going to be as cut and dry as it seemed. But she just shrugged to herself and let her mind drift off to sleep. No matter what was going on, it shouldn't be too difficult. The only person in the entire Cosmos who could stop her was dead anyway.

What was the worst that could happen?