Chapter 2

Author's Note-
Thank you for staying until chapter 2! Hope you enjoy the reader being absolutely hopeless at feelings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you were 100% sure she was gone, you dared to look back up. What the hell had just happened?

Why did you keep staring?

Gah, it's not like you like her or anything.

Wait.

Do you like her?

You asked yourself this over and over, seriously confused.

She was incredibly good looking, that was undeniable.

But why did you flush like that when she smiled at you?

Well, it's not like you had never liked someone before- of course you'd had your crushes and such. You'd dated this girl back in year 8- but nothing had happened, all you did was hug.

You were very new to all of the relationshippy stuff, even at 18 you still had not had your first kiss, you had never really talked to people other than friends, and you weren't looking for relationships at uni, you were there to study.

Study with a hot ass girl, yes pleas--

Enough!

You need to stop thinking like that.

But, isn't it harmless?

She's just a stranger, you can admire her, there's nothing wrong in that.

You carried on reading, more like forced yourself to get your mind off of the girl. You didn't even know her name.

As you made quick work of the book, you stumbled across a page which explained serotonin and chemicals and hormones within the brain.

‘When the glands release a rush of serotonin and endomorphins to your brain, you can experience a great happiness, this can include blushing, expansion of the pupil and uncontrollable smiling.

In simpler terms, this strong feeling may be triggered by something us humans call

Love.’

...no.

Nonononono, that is not what it was. Love at first sight isn't a thing.

But is love at second sight a thing? Cause you'd love to see her again.

No. Come on. Stop this.

You're being soppy over this one girl who just smiled at you.

Was there something in that little smirk? What was she saying?

You were greatly over thinking this. You buried your head in your hands, letting your soft beanie comfort your palms and you closed your eyes. You could read more of that book later, you might need it. You placed the study book and the other unknown under your arm and made your way to the desk, checking them out.

Before you left, the male librarian smiled at you in a friendly way, chuckling at your messed up beanie before he said,

“Her name’s Ruby, by the way. Ruby Rose.”

Were you being that obvious?

Oh god.