Chapter 3

You walked back to your dorm in silence, clutching the two books under your arm so hard that the corners almost dug into your ribs.

You unlocked the door the the small apartment in the student block, and walked into the living room, greeted by a smiling Efi, who was watching some cooking show on the small TV and lounging on the couch.

"Hey (Y/N)! How was the library?"

"It wasn't bad at all," you considered your answer carefully.

"Great! You need to explore more!"

"I'll be fin--"

"I'm taking you to the cafeteria where I work tomorrow! Get dressed nice because first impressions count okay babes go and get your personal time lemmewatchthisitscool I'll see you tomorrow byeeee!"

Before you could even mumble a 'thanks', you were expelled from the room, and began to walk past Efi's room and into yours, closing the door behind you and placing the books on the rickety desk that came with the room.

You flopped on the bed, letting your beanie flop over your eyes similarly, and you sighed, brain dead from the encounter with the girl.

Maybe Efi was right. You could definitely use some coffee.

You had never in your whole life gotten so flustered over one person. You didn't care that it was a girl, you knew you were some sort of gay- in essence, you'd date her 11/10.

But the problem was, you had never really dated anyone properly? You were 18 and all you'd ever done on an intimate level was hug someone, you were pretty much useless at relationships.

Nevertheless, it was hopeless anyway. You couldn't even hope to date anyone that pretty and that awe inspiring.

You fell asleep just as you were, at seven in the evening, with books around you and still in your clothes.

The next day, you were shocked into consciousness as a loud crashing noise echoed through the dorm, followed by a muffled Efi voice yelling 'I'M FIIIINE' through the door.

You checked your phone for the time.

5 AM.

You sighed, pulling the beanie from yesterday off, and throwing it onto your almost barren desk.

When you could be bothered to move, you heaved up and put the books on your desk, and grabbed some clothes to change into for after you showered. A quick encounter with Efi after your shower ended up with you being forced into eating breakfast in only a towel, but hey, Efi did make some killer English Breakfast.

You ended up getting dragged out of the door half dressed, your boyfriend style shirt half hanging out of your black skinny jeans and half tucked in, and your hair a total mess.

The coffee shop that Efi worked at was small and cute, even though it took a 14 minute walk to get to the other side of campus.

You ordered a hot chocolate with marshmallows, and Efi had some crazy stuff with a few hundred made up words in it.

"Was any of that real English?"

"Don't think so," She replied, shrugging.

"Don't care what it sounds like so long as it's tasty, huh?"

"Fair enough." You agreed, sitting down at a table with her shortly afterwards and taking the time to look around.

Funnily enough, the shop was pretty full for 7 AM. Ah, it made sense when you remembered it was full of students who run on caffeine before class.

Thank god you didn't have any classes today, yours started on Monday next week, and it was only Wednesday.

As you vacantly looked around, a person with colourful skin caught your eye.

Of all people, of course it had to be her.

Ruby.