Favourites

Article by Nekomancer812

Hello there! My name is Neko but you can call me Faith! I'm back again for another dose of fangirling about voice synthesizers that come in a array of languages!

Speaking of languages, let's talk about them!There are hundreds if not thousands of them that even us humans can't comprehend how many there really is!

Some say it's 6,000 others 6,509 and even 6,909. If you think about it the extent of human languages can be endless!

The human vocal cords are complex things that can do so many sounds and in so many varieties and ways. So not counting them all properly is understandable.

It's amazing that the way we humans interact and communicate continues to multiply it also slowly decreases. With each new language made there's one that get's forgotten. While Chinese,English and French keep on rising some such as Chamicuro, Taushiro, and Birale have plummeted in fluent speakers.

That's where Vocaloids are mixed into equation.

With the recent growth of the community some international fans have been asking for their favorite songs to be translated.

See, learning a new language isn't easy, it could take months even years to speak basics and a few more to become fluent.

Translating words take time and in a world where time is limited people using that time for those types of actions shows their dedication and willingness to this product.

So with the overwhelming support of multilinguals not only do they get translated in English but sometimes even in many others too.

But that doesn't seem to be enough. Some have even protested to have whole packaged Vocals to do it.And Crypton having noticing this have gotten to work onto it.

Languages such as English have their own Vocaloids like Daina and Dex. Luo Tianyi and Yuezheng Ling were custom made for Chinese users. And Korean Fans are greeted with SeeU and Uni.

All those that I just listed are famous in there respective countries and have songs that became hits.

But Crypton can't make new Vocaloids for each and every language can they? It's too much work and certain Vocal Lovers are demanding already made ones to sing their languages thus the solution more voice banks!

What's great about it is that since it isn't a real human so it doesn't need to be taught a language at a school or with a teacher,only programming.

That's the beauty of Vocaloids, if programmed correctly they can sing in almost any language possible!
German,Spanish,Portuguese, you name it and they can probably sing it.

In the Vocaloid Universe if it's made we could theoretically never let another language be ever forgotten again!

It will forever be engraved into the
minds of us fans.

With that kind of potential it already makes people from across all nations share ideas,stories and concepts through SINGING.

A more surprising benefit is over-coming language barriers. Since the dawn of time people have had a hard time trying to find converse with one another, considering you just need a simple air-plane to go to a foreign place where they talk a whole new different language and have their own unique culture.

Even if I move from one island of the Philippines to the next I can meet a multitude of people having a conversation in a distinct kind of speech.

Yes, those kinds of language barriers can become a hassle for everybody but for the most part fans don't seem affected by it.

Actually these singing programs have made them gone closer than ever before. Even if they don't understand each other they still have an effort to try to.

Most of the people just try to make the best out of it and still appreciate the video even without subtitles or any dubbing.

While not every fan is like that it's already rare to find that in any fandom. So this small global fan-base doing something that rarely even big fan-bases do, who can't say that isn't awesome?

With all that in mind we have once again been reminded our community is a diverse one but we shouldn't loathe it. Yet instead embrace it with open arms.

《☆~~~~~~~☆》

That's it for another fangirl session. Please feel free to tell me what's your favorite foreign Vocaloid.

Well until the next article, Sayonara!