Chapter 3

Readers p.o.v

After putting out the final box of clothes, I was finally allowed to have my lunch break and I sighed happily. I sat down in the storage room and drank some water from my bottle, then looked at the corner of the room to see the creepy mannequin standing there.

Although it was just a simple mannequin, there was something about it that made me feel like I wasn't alone. Wherever I went, I could guarantee it would be there, in the corner of my eye. Though I wanted to believe it was just being moved by someone, I was finding that harder to believe over time. It was too silent and too fast to be moved by hand, but then how id it move?

My trail of thought was broken when my boss walked into the room and I stood up, putting my bottle down

"Don't worry, I'm getting back to work" She shook her head

"No, don't worry sit back down, I actually need to ask you a big favour" I sat down and looked at her

"What is it?"

"Tonight a big shipment of new clothes are being brought into the store, but I cant be here an neither can Brad, so I was wondering, would you be willing to stay here?" I looked at her

"Well, what will I have to do?"

"Just make sure all of the clothes arrive here, count the boxes and mark them up and that's it" I thought for a moment then shrugged.

"Sure, that doesn't sound too hard" She smiled

"Thank you, I will explain it later, anyway you should get back to work now" I nodded and got up, beginning to work again.

~ Time Skip ~

I finally finished, and my boss walked back to me, with a set of keys to shut up the shop once I was done with the new clothes.

"You remember what you need to do Y/n?" I nodded and smiled

"Yeah" She smiled

"Thank you again for this Y/n, I will see you tomorrow" I nodded and waved, then walked to the back of the shop and waited for the new shipment.

Once it arrived and all the boxes were brought into the back, I grabbed a pen and clip board then began to count how many there were, until I heard a crash behind me, which made me jump and quickly turn around.

I walked out into the shop and looked around to see one of the mannequins, and sighed with relief, but when I turned around, I was faced by a gun, right in between my eyes that widened. Holding the gun, was someone in a dark grey hoodie and a dark, gruff voice.

"Empty the cash register now, or I will blow your brains all over the wall" I was shaking and looked at them

"I-I don't k-know how to, I-I'm new here" He growled

"I don't care, if you wanna stay alive you better figure it out" I trembled and went over to the cash register, the gun still pointed at me. I looked at it, then saw a red, glowing button just under the desk, the alarm. I gulped, and went to the register, but slipped one of my hands under the desk and pressed the alarm, causing loud sirens to blast through out the shop.

The guy looked at me and shot a bullet, but I dodged it and ran to hide. He went after me, but I closed clothes rails onto the floor as I ran so he wasn't able to follow.

I found a hiding spot between some boxes in the back, and stayed as quiet as I could, but I could hear their heavy foot steps get closer and closer, my breathe quickening. I closed my head, the heard the gun cock and I looked up to see that I had been found.

"Found you~" They chuckled darkly, and I closed my eyes, getting ready for the impact, but I suddenly heard a loud scream and when I opened my eyes, the guy was pulled away and out of the room, and silence fell over the shop.

After a few moments, I got out of my hiding spot, and walked out to see what had happened, the alarm still going off. I walked into the shop, then smelt a strong scent of blood, and when I looked over to my right I almost threw up.

The guy was on the ground, his guts hanging out of his stomach, covered in blood. I backed away from him, but my back met against a hard surface. I turned around to see someone tall standing behind me. I was about to speak but when I looked at his face, my eyes widened and I passed out from shock.

Trendermans p.o.v

I caught her in my arms once she passed out and gently stroked her hair. How dare someone try to hurt my precious Y/n. I held her for a few moments, but then heard police sirens come closer, so I gently laid her down on the ground, then took the body of the guy who had tried to hurt her and cleared all traces of blood, then left as I heard the police enter the building, taking my Y/n away.

((Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed!))