Chapter Six

I start the Friday off early with work. It's not as busy as the night shifts but we still get a steady influx from people on their lunch breaks. My favorite cook Harry is here though so he keeps things interesting during our slow moments. Every time I'm waiting for a table he cracks jokes with me and we sing songs until my foods is up or I get another table.

When I come in the kitchen for the last time that day to leave my dishes, Harry stops me. "Hey. Are you going to that party tonight?"

"Yeah I'll be there. You?" I say as I take off my apron.

"Yeah I'll see you there then?" He asks after finishing one of his orders.

"Yep. You can come find me or text me then. I'll save you a dance." I say with a wink.

"Cool. I'm looking forward to it." He smiles and waves.

I walk to the back and feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around with a glare and a hand on my chest. Brittany sends me an apologetic smile. "Sorry. Anyway, is that a thing now?"

I shoot her a confused look. "Me and Harry being friends? No we've been friends for a while now."

She rolls her eyes. "Just friends?"

I widen my eyes. "What no! I mean yes just friends. What the hell Brittany? You always trying to put me in a relationship. I already told you I don't date coworkers." I say with an eye roll.

"Well how am I supposed to know if I don't ask questions?" Brittany asks crossing her arms.

"How about I just tell you. That way you can tell everyone else and everybody can stay updated on my life." I say grabbing my purse.

"Chill Mani. We don't have nothing else to do and your life used to be interesting before you made up with Zendaya." She says with a laugh.

"Shut up Brittany. You so nosy. But bye I'll miss you." I say as I blow her a kiss.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun tonight and make sure you wrap it up!" She yells as I pass through the kitchen. I flick her off and continue to walk to my car.

When I get back to the dorm I take a shower and get dressed to help Dinah with her math. I take the elevator up to their room and knock on the door. Lauren answers the door in shorts and a tank top. Her eyes widen slightly and she blushes as she opens the door.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were coming today." She says jumping back into her bed.

I smile as I look around the room. "I guess Dinah didn't know I was coming either."

Her head pops up. "Oh shit. I remember now. Dinah stayed over Quincy's place last night and declared that she 'knew all math now'. She was pretty faded so I'm sure she was exaggerating."

"Wow. I'm sure that last night, she thought she knew all math but we only went through like four chapters all together." I say laughing.

"Sorry. I think she really wanted to have sex last night and they haven't had much time to so..." Lauren says dragging off.

"It's ok. I get the struggle." I say chuckling. "Should I stay to wait for her or ..." I say as I walk up to her bed.

"Umm she probably isn't even awake right now if we're being honest." She says with a small shrug.