Chapter Nine

I awaken many times during the night since my subconscious is very worried about Camila. I remember one of my close friends from back home getting drunk one night and they threw up the whole night. She's still asleep every time I wake up so I fall back asleep and repeat the cycle until it's around 11 when I can't go back to sleep anymore. Ally is awake on the other side of the room getting ready for her 12 o'clock shift. I smile at her from the other side of Camila and slowly get up. She smiles back and points at the water she put at the bedside along with some pain pills. I only have a small headache as I usually do after my party nights but I still reach over Camila to grab one of the pills and the water.

I climb over Camila after a couple more minutes and pull Ally into the hallway when she's finished getting ready. "You get off at 8, right?" She nods her head and I give her a small smile. "You can take the car but you have to be on call tonight. I have a date tonight." I say the last part under my breath.

She leans her head in a little and tilts her head with a smile. "Wait. A date? With who?"

"The waitress from last night. Who else?" I say a little too excitedly.

"Umm I don't know. Don't ask me." She says quickly. I give her a questioning look. "That's great! Finally! Y'all were cute." She says wrapping me up in a hug while jumping up and down.

I laugh along with her while we hop around and put my hands on her shoulders to calm her down after a few seconds. "It's not a wedding, Ally." I say rolling my eyes. "But that's why you have to be on call. In case it goes bad."

"You're always looking for the bad in these types of situations." Ally says with an eye roll.

"No. I'm being realistic. There's a difference." I say crossing my arms.

Ally lets out a loud sigh but she nods with a smile. "Alright. Don't give her a hard time Mani. She seemed like a nice girl."

I gasp with a hand over my chest. "When have I ever given someone a hard time?"

Ally raises her eyebrows with an amused expression. "That boy who came up to you in the movie theater and you asked him if he was a 'feminist'."

"And then he said no because he thought he was an 'equalist' and I knew he wasn't the one."

"That white girl from the supermarket."

"I asked her if she believed in the Black Lives Matter movement and she said that she thought it was too violent a protest." I say with my eyebrows raised now.

"Maybe just don't throw it at her when she picks you up. You could wait until you're actually on the date." Ally says sarcastically and I playfully roll my eyes and reach for the door handle.

We enter the room and I grab the keys next to the door. "On call, remember?" I ask dangling the keys in front of her.

She grabs them with a smile. "Yeah yeah. I'll fill up the tank too. And put on some clothes Mani."

"Thanks boo." I say with a kiss on the cheek as I ignore the last thing she said. She nods and walks out of the door and I lock it behind her.

I hear a low groan from deeper inside of the room and figure Camila is awake. I slowly walk deeper inside and watch as Camila turns over in the bed. "Mila? You ok?" I ask softly.

"Yeah." She grimaces quickly after. "Or no. I have a headache." She says grabbing her head as she gets up slowly.

I chuckle softly and hand her the pills and water Ally left for us. "Take those and drink up boo. You're dehydrated most likely but at least you aren't sick." I say with a smirk.