Chapter Twelve

Alright so italics is a small flashback.
Hints at depression/ anxiety
Terrible exes in the mix
Thats all I think🤔
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving break was going to be the longest 4 days of my life. It started well I guess. After class on Tuesday, I go to work. Everyone is waiting for me to get off so I rush out of there and back to the dorms where many people have already left. My bag is already packed I just have to shower and change before Quincy comes to pick us up. He offered to pick us up and take us to the airport since his family stays in Michigan. It'll be Ally, Dinah, Lauren, and I leaving in his car. I step out of the shower with my towel on and into the room where Ally is sitting on my bed waiting with Leigh-Anne. A smile appears as I see her. She hops off the bed happily and gives me a hug.

"Just wanted to say bye babe. I'll miss you." She says with a pout.

"I'll miss you too. Don't forget to call me though. I'll probably be bored out of my mind." I finish with an eye roll.

"You come back Sunday right?" She asks since she's going to be the one to pick me up.

I nod my head. "Yeah early in the morning. I have a late shift but we can hang out before that." I answer.

"Ok." She gives me a quick peck. "I'll let you get ready. I know you have to leave soon." She says walking towards the door.

I walk her the rest of the way letting her exit the room. I give her a kiss on the cheek and wave as she takes the walk to the elevator. I hear a whistle before I close my door and turn around with my finger prepared to flick off Liam. "Do you ever stay in your room?" I yell.

He chuckles as he stands in the doorway of the elevator with his uniform on. "Have a nice break, love." He calls back to me.

"Thanks Liam!" I yell closing the door behind me. I walk back into the room chuckling. As I'm changing into my clothes, I feel eyes on me. I look back and Ally is staring at me. I put on a smirk. "I'm changing Ally."

"So what's going on with you and Leigh?" She says right after I say her name, almost interrupting me. She puts down her phone and gives me all of her attention.

I furrow my eyebrows standing up completely when I pull my jeans over my thighs. "What do you mean?"

"You want the truth?" Ally asks tilting her head.

"Always." I say buttoning my jeans and zipping them up. I pause to put my hands on my hips.

"You're going to break the poor girls heart." She says knowingly. I shake my head swiftly with an exaggerated eye roll. "Not on purpose of course. You're too nice to do anything like that. But she cares about you a lot."

"Friends." I answer. "I care about you a lot." I say to prove my point.

"Don't you think the benefits part blurs the line a little?" She asks.

"Not really. She's the one who suggested it in the first place."

"You're so stubborn." She says with a chuckle.

"I'm just stating facts. You're the stubborn one."

Ally shakes her head, jumping off the bed to grab her suitcase. I place my hoodie over my head frowning. "Just be careful Mani." She finishes as I put my hair in a bun. I nod slowly, following her with my own suitcase, grabbing another hoodie for Lauren and locking the door behind us.