Chapter Seven

Five shots and many complaints from Camila later, we finally leave the dorms. Slight giggles from everyone and I can tell it's starting to take effect. I let Camila ride in the front since she doesn't know Lauren and Dinah well so I sit in the middle. Ally has to bring up the GPS since we've never been to this house for a party so every few minutes, Siri interrupts the music with a direction. Lauren keeps on looking at me when we're singing along and I'm impressed with her voice. The rasp in her usual voice comes out a bit more when she sings. It would be soothing if it wasn't singing along to Portland by Drake. We rap the lyrics with smiles and laugh whenever we mess up.

Once we get near the end of the directions, I start to feel a little worried we're going the wrong way. The mansions surrounding us and yes, I said mansions, don't look like anything a party would be thrown in. We pull up to the address and there are several people walking around already. Several cars already lined up and parked around the round about in front of the house. Ally gives me a questioning look through the rearview mirror and I shrug with a smile. She shrugs as well and tries to find a spot that she can easily get out of. After a about a minute of doing this I let out a groan. Ally rolls her eyes and flicks me off through the mirror while continuing to drive around.

"Mom, we'd like to get to the party before it ends please." I say sarcastically and everyone in the car laughs.

"Well, I'm just being safe. We'll be able to leave when we want and I don't want anyone to accidentally hit your car." She says turning the wheel again.

"Ok ... wait park there. Right there." I say pointing to a spot near the house.

She looks and shakes her head. "No Mani. You just want me to park there since it's closer to the house so you don't have to walk."

"Yeah but also because it'll be easy to get out of and chances are, the people closest to the house aren't going to be leaving first so they won't hit the car." I say with a cheesy smile.

She rolls her eyes again and pauses for a few seconds before heading to the parking spot I suggested. "Don't say anything Mani." She says looking straight ahead.

I playfully zip up my lips and toss the key behind me which earns me another round of laughter. I patiently wait for Ally to finish parking and we get ready to exit the car. As soon as I stand up, I wobble a bit and let out a giggle as I look at the other girls. They all steady themselves and I remember we did take about 5 shots before we left. It's a short walk thanks to me and we all walk in together. The house is dimly lit and we turn many of the heads next to the door but I'm only worried about finding the party thrower. He won't be in the midst of the party, especially in a house like this, so I look as soon as I walk in. We get lucky and I see a man continuously looking around so I deem him the man responsible. I nod at Ally and she nods back gesturing for the rest of the girls to follow.

As I reach him I put on my flirtatious smile and adjusts my dress a bit. "Hey I'm Normani. These are my friends Ally, Dinah, Lauren, and Camila. Your the guy who's throwing the party right?" I say as I point them out.

He looks us all up and down as he places his drink down to the side of himself. He holds out his hand and smiles. I hold mine out as well as the rest of the girls. "Yeah, Justin. Haven't seen y'all around here before." Hey says rubbing his hands together and licking his small lips.

I eye him a bit and shrug my shoulders. "Well if this party is as hype as I heard it would be then you might see us around more." I say with a wink.

He smiles again and leans back against the wall. "Well, my parties always live up to the hype. And if it keeps you girls coming back, then I might as well make it as hype as I can." I raise my eyebrows at him and he sends me a smile that probably gets a lot of girls. Internally I roll my eyes, but on the outside I bite my lip a little. He leans in a little closer to me as he looks around. "Good stuff is in the basement. Cut off to all but the gorgeous women." He says with a smirk and that was what I was looking for. I hear a loud noise and we all turn our heads. "Hope you ladies enjoy yourself." He says with a wink as someone calls his name.