Chapter Thirteen

Hey y'all ☺️
Sorry I was gone for a little
I thought I found a cute boy but I was wrong🙃 so I'll just stick with girls
Anyway my summer classes are finished so I'll probably update more often
Umm enjoy☺️
----------------------------------------------
The send off party for Leigh-Anne had been thinning out throughout the past few hours and it was getting closer and closer to the time where she'd be taken to the airport by her roommates and Jade's boyfriend who actually knows how to drive. We stand on the balcony, where the decorations from Christmas still hang around. There are some pretty lights and a small tree with a few ornaments. It's cold outside but Leigh insisted that we went outside for a breath of fresh air. Emotions are running wild in the apartment as Perrie cries every time she sees Leigh walk past and Jade has been stuck to her side all night. Jesy continues to play off her feelings with increasingly embarrassing stories of Leigh-Anne, starting with their talent show where a bug flew around and Leigh literally ran off the stage and ending with her showing me all of the skits they made in boredom. That pushed her over the edge and she insisted on being alone with me at her own going away party. Which eventually led to us being outside in the cold as I continue to laugh at the last skit she showed me.

She immediately shivers once we get outside, forgetting that it was the middle of winter. I roll my eyes but take off my coat, wrapping it around her as she places her arms through the sleeves with a smile.

"I can't get over the outfit though." I say between chuckles even though the cold air hits my throat resistantly. "Who knew my little fashionista knew how to dress so terribly?" Instead of responding with the usual pout that ends my teasing, she smiles fondly at me. My laughter dies out on it's own as the staring continues. She clears her throat tentatively, rubbing the back of her neck and stepping closer to me.

"I have something to tell you." She says softly and then pauses, shaking her head quickly. "My idiotic friends told me this idiotic idea and now I'm being an idiot and following through with it." She says grabbing my hands.

I let out a chuckle. "Ok drama queen. Just tell me silly."

She lets out a deep breath. She seems nervous. I could blame it on the trip or being away from her friends or even being in a different place but I know that's not what's bothering her. "Ok I... hold up. Actually I need you to promise me something." She looks at me expectantly.

"Promise you what?"

"You know... that we'll still be friends no matter what. If you don't feel the same way or even if you do or if I say something stupid or maybe-"

"Leigh, you're rambling hun." I say as I start to get nervous as well.

She lets out another breath, bringing me closer with her eyes close. She leans her head forward and it touches my own. She lets it rest there for a while her breath is visible in the cold air as it hits my lips. She seems to be having a hard time finding the words to express her feelings. She leans in for a kiss, which I hesitate to reciprocate, but do regardless of what I want. I have a feeling I know where this is headed and I'm sure this might be the last kiss we share. She lets go of my hands and bring me in closer, one arm wrapped around my waist and the other hand caresses my face. I pull her shirt into my fists, from under her coat, pulling her against me. I start to feel tears run down my face from my guilt and Leigh pulls away. My eyes stay closed though as I keep my tight hold on her shirt. "Hey, it's ok. Look at me."

She wipes the tears away with her thumbs and I slowly open my eyes. She's smiling but there are obvious tears in her eyes as she continues to wipe my own away. "I'm an asshole." I say with a sniffle.