Night of Reflection

The rain starts, as large drops of red began to drench you. Covered in a thick red liquid, you struggle to keep your eyes open. Wiping away at your face and struggling to keep moving your body, cold hands grab you by the shoulders and throw you backwards. Staring at the sky, a word begins to form in the red clouds. "REGRET" it says in all capitals.

     Lifting your head, a smokey shadow now stands before you, its back turned to you. A small smoke cloud hovers and turns by its side. Reaching into the cloud, the shadow pulls out a bloody dagger. Shuffling and kicking your feet, you begin to backpedal until the hands firmly grab your shoulders again and hold you in place. As the shadow begins to turn, its face appears to be the same as yours. Slowly walking towards you, it begins to speak in your voice.

"Why must you run? Why won't you just make it easy on the both of us and give into your nightmares?"

     Rising to your feet, the hands release and the shadow takes a lunge at your side. Shoving your arms in the way, the knife slides into your right arm. You reach over to grab the knife, but your hand is gone. The figure rips the knife out of your arm, and you charge it with your elbows out. The figure disappears as you seem to run through it. From behind you, a dark arm wraps across your chest and another covers your mouth.

"Fine, if you don't want to give into your nightmares, I'll just have to take you into them."

     The large, bloody blade pierces through your stomach. Violently shaking, your veins begin to turn black, and your skin starts to rot. As your body loses feeling, and your eyes start to blur, someone speaks inside of you.

     The only thing left that can separate nightmares from your reality is you. You can't let this evil consume you, as it has already consumed most of everything you have. The world you live in has already been taken over by your own brain. Like I said, all these things that you've lost can still be gained back but only if you're willing to fight.