Dancer of Peace

A dim, dead light shines overhead of him. Body in shackles, he slowly limps along the old beat up road. Mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers move along beside him, all moving to the same place. They too, have lost everything to this fake reality, and now, they only have one place left to go. Their bodies must keep moving, for if they stop, they might get lost, but to free your soul there is only one thing you can do: offer yourself to the valley of peace.

     Everything and everyone in the valley is silent. Standing side-by-side each other, they are ready to take their turn in giving into the peace. Standing there before everyone, is the dancer of peace. She stands tall and beautiful waiting for the people of the night to unhook their shackles and allow them to transverse the peace. The valley ends on a large hole that is said to take you to places that you could live happily forever.

"Come forward my children." she says as the first volunteer steps closer.

      After she unhooks his cuffs, she turns him around and lets go of him.

"Close your eyes my child and lean back, you will soon be at peace."

     Leaning back, his eyes open as he disappears over the edge. A large breeze blows by as the next people approach the dancer.

"Don't let her! It's not peace!" a voice shouts in his ear, but no one around him can hear it.

"See through her! She's but another soulless void of grief! Something left in you is still fighting, don't halter it."