Chapter 6

We quickly pulled away to see a familiar blond at the door, her sword clutched tightly in her hands. I jumped up onto the table, ice shards appeared in my palms. "I'm going to gut you for what you did!" Goldilocks yelled.

A moment after she said this, Rouge jumped in from of me, growling. "Goldilocks? What's going on?" Conner asked.

"Conner, what are you doing with the witch! She could kill all of us!"

"You tried to kill Rouge!" I snapped, ice edging at my voice, frost growing on my arms.

Darn right!

"You froze my horse!" She replied. A tall man walked through the the door and immediately placed his hands on Goldilocks' shoulders.

"Goldie. Calm down." She didn't do as he said, but simply shook off his hands.

"She almost killed my horse, Jack. Now she's manipulating, Conner."

"Oh, you're still on about this witch?" He sighed.

"Can someone please explain to me what's happening?" Conner yelled.

"That witch you were just about to kiss, tried to kill me no longer than two years ago!" Goldilocks yelled. Conner turned to me, surprise etched in his face.

"Well you tried to kill my wolf!" Rouge barked angrily, and Goldilocks and Jack backed out of the room.

"You mean one of the wolves that's from the pack?"

"What pack?" The ice shards disappeared as I tried to recall any wolf packs. I couldn't seem to remember any, but what can I say it's been five hundred years.

"The big bad wolves pack!"

That's when I remembered.

Rouge and I had just taken out those wolves when blondie over there jumped us, mostly trying to kill Rouge... so I froze her horse, which gave us a good enough distraction to book it.

"Oh that pack... no, Rouge got in a fight with them so I killed most of them." Goldilocks seemed to ease at this.

"Wait... what?"

"Yeah. One of the other wolves was hitting on her so we had to... you know... cut off his head."

"That explains a lot." Jack sighed.

"Excuse me can someone please explain what is happening?" Conner asked, almost shouting.

"Yes." I jumped down from the table, and sat in a seat, and began to create frost figures in the air. "So, two years ago, Rouge and I had a run in with the big bad wolves packs."

Soon there were figures of wolves and me hovering in the air, moving with every word I said. "One of the wolves was flirting with Rouge, and we killed them. Also because they'd been stealing our food. As we were heading back to our current "home", Goldilocks came riding in on her horse and tried to kill Rouge, so, naturally, I froze her horse, and we left."

"Well that was quite the misunderstanding..." Jack mumbled.

"Well... I'm sorry then?"

BETTER BE! Rouge barked before whimpering, that was a really bad day for me...

I laughed softly at her. "Rouge, are you having mood swings?" She barked and pranced out of the room.

"Wait she can also talk to the wolf? Goldilocks asked.

"Yes. It's hard to understand sometimes. It's... well difficult to explain. Anyways why are you here?" Conner asked, changing the subject.

"Well we heard you were in town, and came to see you. It's been a couple months." Jack smiled.

"Yes, well, we'll leave you two be for a while. We'll go find Alex and Red. Come find us when you have a chance, Conner." Goldilocks smiled.

"I will." Conner nodded, and they left. "Well... that was eventful."

"Yeah... sometimes I forget that I know people aside from... well you and them. I just didn't expect to see them here."

"So you weren't like trying to kill anyone though, right?"

"No," I chuckled, and he smiled softly, looking down. "...But were you really going to kiss me?"

His cheeks flushed red and he looked up, but not at me. "How would you respond if I said yes?"

There would be several ways I would respond. I would be flustered, nervous, confused, and happy. He started at me, waiting for an answer, but at the moment I was a bit baffled. The words wracked through my brain.

Flustered.
Nervous.
Confused.
Happy?

Why would I be happy? Do I really like him? I'm the child of a villain and he's the grandson of a fairy. That could never work out, but why did that make me feel upset? It's not like I could actually develop feelings for someone so different.

I mean he had people, like actual people, and could socialize normally, he was technically so much younger than me, my mind was still set to what he could call "ancient". There was no way he would actually try to kiss me.

I mean Rouge is the only person... wolf that I've ever actually had a chance to properly socialize, and this is just weird to me. The reading was nice, he could write. He made me laugh. That was something no one could do until now.

My chest felt hollow and I curled up a bit, why was I feeling sick? Was it too warm? No the air was as cold as ice. The cold most likely radiating from me, but even so Conner didn't inch away, like everyone else had.

He was different and it was driving me insane. Did he see something in me? I mean I tried to kill his sister. I despised a couple of his friends. That had to be a deal breaker for him. My mind was thinking this, and that and every thought from here on out came back to how Rouge would feel.

She's my best, and only friend. I know we fight, but despite that, she gave up everything to be with me. All because she though that I didn't deserve to be alone. What happens after this curse is finally broken, most likely years from now? Will she leave me?

(Y/N). You deserve to be happy.

My eyes darted up, and Rouge was standing in the doorway. Her tail wagging.

Tell him how you feel. You won't lose me.

A smile crossed my face. We'd never leave each other. Slowly, I turned to face Conner.

"I'd feel like I finally met someone worth my time."

"And what if I said no?"