How we met.

~Time skip brought to you by I and Am and Groot. Exclusively in that order~

"I sat at the bar, drinking the shitty beer I bought with what coin I had, and drew little cartoons into the napkin. The pen was generously supplied by the bartender, who happened to be the one who works most nights, and had memorized my order depending on the dosh I handed to him. Some rowdy people joined the bar ten minutes ago and I was rallying a headache. They would not stop yelling about how they were offering any girl 100 units to sleep with a guy named Karl. Units. Must have been from a different galaxy.

"I wonder what it's like out there?" I mumbled.

Just as I was about halfway through the gross beverage some more people entered. A woman, very pretty, who had green skin and looked like she could kill you with her glare. A man, in a long red coat, and was that a fucking Walkman? How old is he? A scary looking guy with red marks all over him. I wonder if he was cold with no shirt on? A walking, personified, tree and a raccoon wearing amour. Who the fuck where these guys?

I turned my attention back to the doodles I was doing, I had a knack for drawing good 80's and 90's kids show cartoons well. I guess that must have enticed the Walkman guy.

"Hey, I remember that guy, Captain Caveman right? You do not look that old. How do you know it?" Walkman guy asked me.

"I er..." I stuttered.

"Quill, don't put people on the spot like that. It's rude." The green skin lady said angrily.

Quill

"Yes Gamora's right, you should not be rude to a lady. You should ask who hurt her family's honour to sit in a place like this, then offer your services to find and kill them." Said the scary man.

Gamora

"Frickin' hell Drax. Just ask her what her name is like a normal person." Said the Raccon.

Drax

"I am Groot"

Groot

"So what is your name?" The raccoon asked grabbing the stool next to me and ordering himself a drink.

I let out the shaky breath, that I hadn't even realised I was holding in, to form my name.

"[Y/N] it's [Y/N]."

"Well [Y/N], I'm Rocket. These idiots are my crew; you already know their names." He clutched the beer as it slid down the bar to him and took a huge swig.

"MY crew." The one known as Quill sang, as he took a seat next to the tree who now sat on the other side of me. Gamora took the seat next to Quill, and Drax claimed the end stool.

"Oh stick it Quill!" Rocket yelled in reply.

Rocket

Now that was one I was going to remember

"You don't really drink that stuff, do you?" Rocket asked pointing to my choice of liquor.

"No." I snorted. "It's just all I could afford." I said as I took the last gulp of the repulsive liquid.

He laughed and took a long slug of his rum. I turned my attention to my napkin, Arnold's hair was getting so fucking hard to draw. I hated his stupid hat that separated it. I was scribbling away when a flower was pushed in front of my face.

"Oh." I bluntly stated, taking the flower and studying it intently. I was never found of Mayflowers, but it was nice all the same. I looked over to the overgrown tree that called itself Groot and he smiled.

I smiled back. "Thank you."

"He does that with me too." Rocket chuckled.

I giggled a little and asked Lenny, I know, knowing the bartenders name is never a good sign, for something I could keep it alive and take it home in. He came back with a slightly chipped pint glass that was half full of water, I placed the flower inside. Lenny also came back with another napkin for me to draw on, seeing that I filled the last one.

"Hey! [Y/N]! Can I have a look at the napkin you've finished with?" Quill practically yelled over the loud music.

That loud music indicated that it was now peak hour, and the bar was full of old men, hookers, and gamblers. They took all the pool tables, the round tables and the booths in the back, setting up their usual money making businesses. I decide that today instead of walking out that I'd stay at the bar with the strangest 'crew' I'd ever met.

"Sure Quill." I replied, sliding the napkin down the table. His eyes seemed to light up, then went on to explaining all the characters and shows to Gamora, with Drax listening intently too.

"Is it always like this?" Rocket asked. I turned around to face him but he was facing the booths in the back, full of hot women.

"Yeah, most nights they wear less clothes though. Maybe they are just not feeling it today." I turned back around to be greeted with another flower, this time it was a daisy. It kind of matched the Mayflowers that were floating away in the pint glass. "Thanks Groot." I whispered.

"I am Groot." He confirmed.

"Eh," I heard Rocket exclaim, "I prefer mine with real bodily aspects." He turned back around to the bar, taking one last swig from the glass and ordering another one.

I smiled, 'at least someone knows what's up'. I put Groot's flower inside the pint glass and turned in the direction of my previous napkin. Gone. They had gotten up to join the gamblers.

"They'll be back, they aren't as good as me but, they are good at gambling their way into possession of money. Especially when we need it." Rocket assured me.

"Well they better be damn good; these guys are all swindlers." I stated, finishing of my, amazing might I add, drawing of Penelope Pitstop. I looked up to see Lenny standing in front of me. Beer in hand.

"What brings you to this part o' the bar?" I asked, eyeing him up and down.

"This one 'ere told be to bring you another drink, I assumed a better one than the last." Lenny admitted, pointing to Rocket. I turned my attention to the guy, hunched over his pint, I guess he was deep in thought.

"Thanks, but I can't af-"

"I'm paying." Rocket interrupted, not even looking away from his glass. I nodded, aunt said never to refuse anything free.

The bottle got placed before me, an average brand but way better than the shite I was drinking before.

"Thanks." I managed.

"Think nothing of it, wouldn't want to the only interesting person in this bar to leave now would we Groot?" He said, nodding in Groot's direction.

"I am Groot."

I chuckled. "Thanks, you guys are quite intriguing yourselves."

He gave a low hum in response, and Groot handed me another flower. A Camellia. I mumbled another 'thanks' and set it with the others. The pint was filling up quite nicely now, the flowers looked beautiful together, I guess the Groot fellow was a good florist. I mean he is literally a tree."

Okay guys! You will need this from now on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_symbolism