Joining them.

~Time skip brought to you by the biggest idiots in the galaxy~

"Running. That seemed to be the only thing I was going to be doing today. Turns out Drax is not a good liar and the gamblers found out Quill was cheating his way through all the games. He may have got some money from it, but he sure as hell would not be left alive to spend it. The whole bar was running after us, I don't know why the crew didn't just take them out, they were physically stronger than everyone at the bar. They didn't however, and I found myself running with them. I'd ran a lot more dangerous people in circles before, a few drunks and hookers were nothing.

I rounded a sharp turn and hid, the crowd running past.

Shit, the others.

From their general direction, I could tell they were running toward a carpark not too far away, it was time to play a good game of hide and seek with the drunks. I sprinted through the alleyways, and thankfully made it there before them. The carpark wasn't completely empty, but there weren't enough cars for a prolonged game.

"Gotta make this one short and sweet."

I saw them coming down the road and hid behind a red Ford. 'Here goes nothing'.

I grabbed Gamora as they ran, pulling her next to me.

"Once they can't see you hop over the hedge, they won't see you there."

She nodded. I rolled to the next car, grabbing Drax this time, repeating the same information and he thanked me, declaring that he owed me his life.

The next part was tricky, I needed to get to the car that was ten spaces away and Quill was slowly running out of energy, I guess I was going to have to grab him next. I crept to the car in front, holding the hood for a good look at where Quill, Groot, Rocket and the angry drunkards were. I saw Quill split from the other two and a smaller mob follow him around my way. I sprinted to the desired car and hid, waiting.

Once in range, I grabbed his wrist and the next part was a bit of a blur. The next thing I knew he was on the other side of the hedge and I was under the car breathing heavily. Was Quill that heavy? The group stopped, confused and I held in a breath. I was not in the best spot for discovery, under a car, there were many ways to kill me. My hands started sweating, and I had to cover my eyes for a second to comfort myself. That was until I heard a slurred yell.

"Oi, men! We got these two."

Shite

The blokes moved to the sound of the shout and I crawled from under the car. They were scraping at Groot, breaking his branches and punching the poor guy. He held Rocket above his head who was kicking and telling Groot to put him down so he 'could give 'em a piece of his mind'.

I let out a shaky breath, pulling a bag of coins out of the middle compartment of my backpack. Yeah it was rent, but Groot and Rocket didn't do anything to deserve that treatment, it was Quill who deserved it. 'Should have left him to the dogs instead' I thought. I shook the bag around a bit.

"Oh boys!" I sweetly hollered. Instantly seizing their attention. "Is this the money you're after?"

"Get 'er!" They roared, and I did what I did best. Run.

The wind picked up, and snow began to fall. My lungs were already in searing pain from previous sprinting and feeling in my feet was fading fast. I pulled my goggles on to stop the stinging in my eyes while I pushed through the loss of breath. And before I knew it I was caught in a snow storm. Dodging things in a snow storm, now there's a challenge. I only just missed a dog that appeared under my feet. He came out of nowhere! I was grabbing rails and flinging myself over fences to get as far away as possible, all the while outstretching my hands to make sure I didn't hit anything in front of me. The world around me so pure white. I hadn't dropped the money yet; I think my hand had secured itself in a death grip around it. But to be fair I couldn't feel my fingers anymore anyway. I stopped at a street light. I'd lost them. I shuddered at the loss of heat from all the running. The cold air was now so intense that I could barely form words, however at least with the light I could make out where I was. I put the money back into my bag.