Feeling welcome.

~Time skip brought to you by you're an imbecile~

"Two days had past, my aunt's rent was paid and she had packed my things as soon as I said I would like to join the Guardians. The bitch just wanted me gone. I was looking forward to seeing the galaxy, but I was afraid of leaving her behind. I don't know how she'll provide for herself with me gone. We had avoided each other for the most part before I had to leave, we didn't want to discuss it, and I didn't want to say goodbye. I hate goodbye.

"Hey! [Y/N]," I heard from the door "I've come to help with your stuff."

"I am Groot."

"Okay, okay. We have come to help with your stuff."

I smiled as I opened the door for the two idiots. 'These two are definitely the people I will get along with most' I thought. I closed the door behind them as my aunt chuckled from the hallway.

"She ain't got much. I stuffed her backpack full of whatever was hers from her room." She handed me my backpack and I slung it on. "The only other thing she can take is this."

Now aunt Charlotte was never one for keeping anything at all. She threw away anything that meant nothing to her, even some things that she deemed important days before. So, for her to pull out the blanket I was wrapped in when me and my brothers got delivered to her doorstep surprised me so much that I didn't say a thing. I couldn't even move.

"Yeah yeah kid. Take the damn thing, it's yours ain't it?" She plonked the thing in my hand and oh boy it was just as soft as I remembered. "Take good care of her won't you boys?"

"Sure old hag." Rocket replied with a laugh.

"Aunt?" I mumbled.

"Go you little shit. With you gone I can apply for a pension. No more miss I've-got-no-heating for me this winter." She smiled.

She smiled. I hadn't seen her smile in almost 7 years.

"Okay." Was all I could manage. Knowing I hated goodbyes, she patted my back as she opened the door and pushed me outside. I bumped into Groot and turned around to look at my aunt with a grin.

"I'm finally free now you've gone! No more [L/N]'s in this house!" I frowned and she cackled. "Bye you little shit." She laughed and slammed the door.

I smiled.

"BYE YOU UGLY OLD BITCH!" I roared.

"YOU WHAT?!" Aunt smashed open the door again.

"Run." I said to the others and my aunt chased us as far down the street as her old body would let her.

I laughed as I ran ahead of the others, rounding the corner and leaning against the wall to steady myself.

"AND DON'T COME BACK!" I heard her yell.

"Jesus, you can run fast." Rocket breathed out, hands on knees and barely breathing. I gave a breathy chuckle. Groot rounded the corner a little later, perfectly fine, and flashed a smile to me.

"So, where's the ship?" I asked.

"Ah, this way." Rocket climbed Groot and they led on.

I took in all the things I was going to miss, spray painted alleyways, that one tree my oldest brother climbed and fell out of that one time. The small park that sucked the life out of children. Even the bar, and maybe just a little I would miss the snow that was freezing my feet as we walked to a farmer's field.

Holy shit. That was a big ship. Well I mean it was the first one I'd even seen so it didn't have much comparison, but it was cool all the same. I looked around to see if anyone was watching us.

"No one is here. Groot scare the shit out of them." Rocket stated and I tittered a little. Groot was a big softy; it was hard to imagine the guy who grows flowers and gives them to his raccoon friend as a scary chap.

"Welcome aboard!" Quill almost yelled as he saw us come up the ladder. "Sorry the Milano is currently a dump!" He said.

"Did you see my home?" I muttered.

"Your room is through there. Be warned; it's super small, it was a janitors closet before you joined us, though we didn't have a janitor, and we hardly ever cleaned. We spent a whole day emptying it out for you so you can sleep in it."

"Ah, great." I exclaimed, moving to the door. "Wow."

It was a tiny ass room.

I chucked my stuff inside and sat on the floor. "At least your knees don't touch the walls." Gamora said, leaning against the doorframe.

I laughed. "Hard to imagine a room so small."

"You should see Rocket and Groot's room. It's no wonder Rocket opts for guard duty most nights." She came inside, shutting the door and sitting across from me. "I know its early in the morning but I think you need rest. You look like you didn't sleep last night." She offered me a biscuit. "And I heard your stomach rumble as you came in. Looked as though you needed this. Whenever you're hungry just look in the fridge. But don't touch the top shelf, that's mine. Once you've finished unpacking I'll have one of the others show you around, Quill will tell you how things work around here too." She got up and headed through the door, pausing before she left. "Rocket and Quill are going out to get breakfast, they'll be back soon, I'll call you when they are here."

"Thanks Gamora." I said, she closed the door and I chucked my backpack in front of me. I opened the back compartment and pulled out my clothes. "Where is it?" I rummaged through until I found it. It was a framed photo of me, my brothers and aunt Charlotte. Aunt had no idea I still had it, but it was a good reminder of family. I hid this photo at the very bottom of my bag, in a small pocket I created myself, and took it everywhere. Never knowing your parents was hard but it didn't stop us. The [L/N] family could never be a broken family.

I pulled out a letter one similar to the letters I put in the mail the other day for my brothers and the one under aunt's pillow. I had unknowingly made one for my parents as well, even though I know I couldn't give it to them. I decided to put it back in my bag for now.

I placed the photo in the corner of my room facing the door. A hammock, a pair of shoes, two flash lights, a set of keys, and a pint glass full of wilting flowers later; I had unpacked.

"[Y/N]! Breakfast." Gamora knocked on my door and slid it open. "They're back."

"Coming." I said, getting up off the floor and wiping my knees.

We walked into what I assumed was the main area and sat at the table. 'Really?' I thought as McDonalds was placed in front of everyone's seats.

"What is this?" Drax asked, poking a sausage and egg McMuffin.

"You'll love it." Quill exclaimed.

"It's gross human food." Rocket mocked.

"It's what we are eating for breakfast." Quill angrily retorted. "Now stop complaining. [Y/N], Drax you're on food for the journey duty."

"It'll be three days on this ship before the next stop, shop for that much food." Gamora explained.

"Yeah, yeah. Now eat up and get going." Rocket bellowed. "Buy better food than this for the journey."

I laughed, and dug into my shitty pancakes."