Chapter One - Let them talk

Everyone knew what happened on July Fourth, an incident that turned Riverdale inside-out. The tragic accident sent the safe town into the pits of darkness that they have managed to keep covered for years. The talk of the town was only what happened on that early morning, what the Blossom twins did. How poor, sweet Cheryl dropped her glove in the water while on an early morning boat ride with her twin brother, Jason. How Jason leaned over to retrieve the glove but tipped the boast. How Jason Blossom panicked and drowned. And that was the talk of the town, until two new mysteries came running to Riverdale. But the mysteries were contacted.

"Remember honey, this is a small town, they talk, just give them something good to talk about," Courtney Anderson spoke softly to her daughter, the dyed blonde haired beauty smiled back at her mother, nodding her head slowly. It wasn't Courtney Anderson's first time in Riverdale, Riverdale use to her home. Except not this part of Riverdale, Mrs. Anderson grew up towards the South Side, not so far in that she attended South Side High, luckily for Mrs. Anderson, she attended Riverdale High School.

Confidence radiated off of Mrs. Anderson's daughter as she headed towards the door of their brand new house, everything was so different. It was beyond unusual for the Anderson family to be cut from their routine, having to start a brand new one was going to weight down both of the woman in the small family. Yet both mother and daughter pushed through, without their wiliness they would be nothing, after Mr. Anderson not so mysteriously disappeared from the family, causing the whole moving thing to happen, they have been living a life full of secrets since.

Right as her daughter reached towards the door handle her mother's voice stopped her from moving, her hand still in mid-reach, her arm stretched out so her hand almost touched the door handle, her fingers hovered over the knob. "Oh, and Katherine, daddy's secret is still a secret," Mrs. Anderson warned her daughter. Katherine continued to stare at the white door that towered over her, she narrowed her eyes at her mother's words, but instead of turning to her mother to show how annoyed she was, she continued to look towards the door. It was easier that way, if she would show her current emotion to her mother there was sure to be a fight, so it was better to continue her path out the door, which she did just that.

Katherine Louise Anderson wasn't afraid of new concepts, instead she was scared of change, the idea of change didn't phrase her, but whenever it happens she shields herself away from the world. A childish action. Yet no matter how many times her mother forced her to explore the change, she continued to stray away from it until the change didn't feel like a change anymore. But Riverdale was different. And Katherine has no idea why.

After all everything was different for her here, their house was smaller, more homey, and when she went outside she wasn't meet with a thousand people outside walking around to find a job or head to work, thousands of people, and a million words being muted by the cars slowly but loudly driving by. She wasn't in Chicago anymore, instead she was in a small town somewhere in the outskirts New York. She didn't live in a Penthouse anymore, there was no one to serve her whenever, she didn't even feel rich anymore. She felt normal.

"You must be Katherine Anderson," a voice stuck through the room, poor Katherine, confused as always, jumped as she turned towards the voice. The look of relief flooded her face whenever she was meet with a friendly smile. The smile belonged to the one and only Betty Cooper. Behind Betty was Veronica, the not so happy camper. "I'm Betty. Betty Cooper," she introduced herself to Katherine.

Katherine nodded, giving Betty Cooper a smile. "Katherine Anderson, and you're Betty, the one giving me the tour?" Katherine questioned, the smile never leaving her lips. In her mind she was just hoping this Betty character was going to be good enough to be her friend.

Before Betty said another word the raven haired teenager spoke up, "Veronica Lodge," she gave a fake smile to Katherine. At first Katherine did not know how to respond, realizing quickly that Veronica was a Lodge. Her dad use to work with Hiram Lodge. "Anderson.. As in Nathaniel Anderson's daughter?" Veronica spoke up her eyes never leaving the other new girl's face, she was searching for any emotion that would appear on Katherine's face. Instead of giving Veronica what she wanted, Katherine put on a very convincing smile, holding her hand out so that Veronica could shake it, which she did.

"Of course, our fathers did business. I just didn't recognize you, I am sorry, Veronica," Katherine beamed, pulling her hand away from Veronica. Betty opened her mouth to say something but shut it, turning on her heels to start the tour.

"So, I usually start off my tours by giving a little history and context," Betty started, Katherine stayed on Betty's left side, while Veronica stayed on Betty's right. "Riverdale High first opened it's doors in 1941-" she was cut off by the raven haired sophomore.

"And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently," Veronica commented, "honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town."

Katherine noticed as Betty took a long breath of air and let out a small sigh, yet she continued to ignore Veronica's rude comment as she tried to continue, "uh-huh" she let out, biting her lip as she walked in between the two new girls at the school that she has attended her whole high school experience so far.

Oh, but Veronica didn't stop there, "so what's the social scene here? Any good night clubs?" she asked, her eyes scaling up the old lockers that lined the hallways of their new school.

Katherine spoke up finally, "Betty, a question, that's actually about the school we are touring," Katherine hummed, "are we any good at sports? Sports as in cheerleading or volleyball?" She took this moment to glance at Veronica who was almost glaring at her.

"To answer you're question, there is a strip club called the Ho Zone, and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo," someone spoke up, sliding into Betty.

Kevin Keller, the sheriff's son, and Betty Cooper's best friend. The first thought Katherine had, 'he's defiantly gay.' "Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale." Right as they all thought he was finished, well other then Betty, who knows he was going to continue, "And Sunday nights, well thank God for HBO," he finished.

Betty gave Kevin a smile before pointing at first Veronica, "Veronica Lodge," then she pointed towards Katherine, "Katherine Anderson, this is Kevin Keller. They both are new here, and Kevin is-"

"Gay, thank God. Let's be best friends," Veronica interrupted Betty for the second time that Katherine has been around to hear. Already Katherine knew if she faked a friendship with Veronica because of the business between their fathers, she was going to go crazy.

Kevin nodded, it didn't seem that he was agreeing to be best friends with Veronica but in order to lead on the conversation. "A Lodge, and an Anderson. One's father is the devil, and the other is... Missing," Kevin noted, it sounded like he was talking to himself, but for a fact he was speaking out loud for all three girls to hear.

Betty's eyes widened, her head tilted slightly, her face basically read, 'what-the-hell-is-your-problem'. "I stand by my father, she can't," Veronica said innocently, giving Katherine a smug smile. After that statement Katherine's smile fell flat, her eyes narrowed slightly at Veronica Lodge.

Hell was already being raised without the two's knowledge, now they were just starting something new.

-------

Author's note : So I decided to post this on Wattpad, I first published this on Quotev, https://www.quotev.com/story/9635930/Here-There-Riverdale/1. The only difference between the books is that one is going to be on Wattpad and the other is going to be on Quotev, they will have the same updating times, and the pictures on each chapter may be different!