Chapter Four - Secrets of being Veronica

After the whole battles between the riches happened, Betty, Katherine, and Veronica headed into the locker room to change, the other River Vixens stayed behind to watch the finishing try-outs from mainly freshman girls who were not going to make the team anyways. None of them spoke until they were changed into their outfits that they were given by Cheryl and the rest of their team. "I'm sorry, but, Veronica, why did you stick up for me? Why were you being so nice?" Betty asked, her arms crossed over her chest as she stared down at Veronica who was sitting on the locker room's bench, putting her shoes on.

A puff of air flew out of Veronica's mouth as she replied, "I know, you know the crowd I ran around with in New York," it almost seemed like she was now speaking to Katherine. There was no way, other than Betty guessing, that the other girl knew about how evil Veronica really was. "It was just, you know, when my father got arrest it was the worst thing ever," she started to explain to the two girls, "All these trolls started writing these terrible things about my family, we'd get letters and e-mails saying that my dad was a thief, my mom was a clueless socialite, and that I was the spoiled rich-bitch ice princess. And the worst thing about it, was that it was all true."

Veronica took a breath, sighing as she confessed, "I was like Cheryl. I was worse than Cheryl. So, when my mom said we were moving to Riverdale, I made a pact with myself to use this as an opportunity to become maybe, hopefully, a better version of myself."

She looked emotional, and broken while she confessed to Betty and Katherine about her upbringing. At that moment, Katherine didn't know what to do about her. Was she going to forgive everything Veronica has ever said or did to her, or was going to act like this whole confession never happened?

"When Jason and Polly started dating, it meant everything to her, and nothing to him. And things got super intense, and weird, and toxic, and my mom turned on Polly. She said things like, Polly wasn't her daughter anymore, and all these awful things to her. Jason hurt Polly, but it was my mother who broke her," Betty explained, now both Veronica and Katherine understood what Cheryl was talking about back at try-outs. Only, Betty's side of the story sounded more.. real.

Of course, now it was Katherine's turn to spill about her emotions whenever her dad went missing, but she couldn't find words. Her father was missing to the public, but both Katherine and Courtney Anderson knew where Nathaniel was hiding. Hiding from Hiram Lodge, and the whole Lodge family, he was hiding from his mistakes, and from his demons. "Yeah, I guess whenever I found out my father went missing, it was heart breaking. Everything changed, it changed so quickly. But my mom wasn't going to sit around without taking action, she moved us back here, her old childhood home, and well here I am now. Everything is different, and I can't tell if I like it or not," Katherine shrugged, not looking at either Veronica or Betty.

If only they knew that Katherine was lying right through her teeth, after all, they had to leave Chicago because of Katherine's incapability to keep her mouth shut. Since she exposed to her old best friend, Avery, that she knew the where-abouts of her father, she has been pushed away from making any friends. Her mother not even allowing her to leave the house the first two weeks they arrived in Riverdale, in fear that Katherine would mess everything up again. Right now, her mother looked down on her, and she didn't like that at all.

Betty frowned, grabbing onto Katherine's shoulder to show that she was there for her, "I'm so sorry, it must be terrible. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. And you don't know where he is? Like at all?" Betty asked, as Katherine looked her in the eyes, she could basically see the sorrow that Betty felt towards her. After seeing how Betty reacted, she didn't think she had the heart to lie, but she remembered the hell she went through whenever she told Avery about her father.