Chapter Six - Archiekins

The dance continued on even though what happened with Archie and Betty was killing the mood for their friend group. As Katherine was about to head out to find Betty, Cheryl grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving. "Besides what just happened, cheerleaders must attend my after party, better see you there Anderson," Cheryl smiled. There was something about Cheryl's smile that made Katherine want to pull away from her. It was crazy, just yesterday Katherine envied her, and now it was almost like she was scared of her.

Once Katherine nodded, Cheryl let go of her arm, allowing her to escape, and to go find her friend. It felt like it got cold, Katherine shivered as she walked into the bathroom, maybe it was because it just hit her on how Cheryl was creepy, or maybe it was just cold, she didn't know.

What she did know was that Betty was crying, sitting on the bathroom floor with Veronica squatting down beside her. Unlike Betty, Veronica didn't want to be touching the floor of the bathroom, but then again, Veronica wasn't bawling her eyes out like Betty was. Katherine felt out of place as she stood there, it was almost like she couldn't move as she watched the two. It looked so natural, Veronica comforting the crying Betty.

She couldn't picture herself in Veronica's place, mainly because she didn't feel like she should be comforting Betty. If that would have been Katherine in Betty's place, she would have understood, not everyone is going to like you back, and Katherine understood this. So seeing Betty cry over Archie made her view on Betty change, Betty was too caring, and too pathetic for Katherine to look up to. Yet she couldn't find the will to walk out of the bathroom, she found herself standing there until Betty looked up at her.

"Katherine, he.. He doesn't like me," Betty frowned, she was clearly broken at the moment, and Katherine didn't want anything to do with it. But she stuck around, mainly because Veronica was glaring at her, watching her every move as she walked towards Betty.

She took a moment to think before she spoke, knowing that Veronica was judging her every word. "Oh, Betty... It's okay, maybe you're too good for him. Think about it, the whole time you were there for him, and caring for him, while he ignored any feelings, or hints from you. It just proves that you can find someone better than that," Katherine admitted, she spoke slowly and softly, almost like words could break the blonde girl sitting in front of her.

It must have taken Betty a moment to understand what her new friend was telling her, because there was a long pause before Betty nodded her head, trying to put a smile on her face. "You know what, you're right, this night can't get any worse," Betty said, her words were thanking Katherine.

Even though she didn't want to be making Betty feel better, she had to admit, it did feel good. Knowing that she made Betty feel better about herself, felt nice. It reminded her of the times when she was still friends with Avery, until she messed everything up. Well, there went any good feelings she had.

"Great! Cheryl stopped me before I came in here, we have to attend her party, it's a River Vixen thing, I guess," Katherine informed the two girls who were now standing beside her. Veronica looked pleased with Katherine, for once, she nodded and gave her a smile, showing she agreed.

Either way, Betty did not have a choice, even though she felt like her heart had been ripped out and stomped on by her one true love, Archie.

"Then let's make the most out of this night!" Veronica cheered, grabbing Betty and Katherine's hands and pulling them out of the bathroom, back into the gym. Nothing had changed since they were gone, everyone was still dancing like they had no cares in the world, there were still students standing against the wall, they thought they were 'too cool' for the whole dance thing, and there was Cheryl, standing with her two followers.