Chapter Eleven - The shortened pep rally

"What's the point of coming out to the prep rally with me?" Katherine grunted, she was trying to hid her face from the other students who were walking by. Sure, there were many parents there, it was a football game, but unlike many of the students and parents we had to be there early. I was a River Vixen and we have been preparing for this night for a long time.

Mrs. Anderson gave her daughter a look, "you don't own this town, Katherine, believe it or not, I was once the start of Riverdale High," her tone was harsh, Katherine almost shivered after hearing it. Times like this are the ones were she missed her father the most, he would have told her that he wanted to see how hard she's been working on the cheer routine or that he was here to support her and the team. Her mother wasn't like that at all, it was to the point that Katherine wished it was her father here and not her mother.

The rain seemed to hold up once they got there but even the small crowd sitting in the stand knew it was going to come back pretty harsh in a moment, so Katherine ignored her mother's comment and started towards the girl's locker room. She called back to her mother, "wish us luck!" She already knew her mother wasn't going to, but maybe she would. It would be a disaster if Katherine Anderson messed up the cheer in front of the whole town, that would be social suicide for her mother, so that thought gave Katherine a bit of hope that her mother would care.

Right as she got into the locker room the rain started to come down, she quickly shut the door and dropped her bag on the bench. "A bit late, but I guess it's fine," Cheryl stood tall in front of her. The red lipstick she was wearing wasn't even smeared, which was a surprise, seeing as though Cheryl's long red locks were damp from the rain, she'd expect her makeup to match.

"Yeah, sorry," Katherine was short with her, stripping of her t-shirt and putting on the long sleeved spandex top. Above the top she slid the uniform on and changed into the skirt. Shoving her thick hair into a ponytail she checked for any bumps before heading towards Betty.

They haven't talked much since the whole Jughead and Archie vs Reggie and the small half of the football team fight. "You ready for this?" Betty asked Katherine, she looked like the preppy girl that she meet on my first day here, but below the fake smile, she was nervous.

Veronica was leaning against the locker, her eyes trained on Katherine as if she was waiting for her to make one bad move. Katherine ignored the black haired girl who was watching her every move, instead she nodded towards Betty, "as ready as I will ever be," She shrugged. She was ready and that was because even though right now she could be finding out more about the Archie problem, she thought of this as an escape. Focusing on the goal which was not to mess up for her mother, she didn't have to think about all the problems happening in her new hometown, that was a relief for almost everyone at this point.

"Let's go girls!" Cheryl ordered leading them out of the locker room. While walking over to the stage, that was set up for Josie and the Pussycats, Katherine looked towards the bleachers. There was the whole school and then their parents, more people than she expected especially with this weather.

The River Vixens were all getting ready whenever they started the pep rally, "now to kickoff this pep rally, I'd like to hand it over to our very own Mayor McCoy!" Principal Weatherbee announced, he clapped his hands lightly as everyone else in the stands started to clap for her.

She gave a huge smile as she took the mic from Mr. Weatherbee. "Thank you, Principal Weatherbee," She looked away from the crowd and over to him, no doubt a smile on her face. She turned back to the crowd, everyone was watching her and waiting for what she was going to say next. "It is heartening to see so many of you here, even in weather like this," she was right, the weather did suck. "But a lack of heart and school spirit has never been the Riverdale way," that line got everyone cheering.

"Tonight's pep rally isn't like any other we've had in the past," she announced, her eyes went to Mr. and Mrs. Blossom. Everyone knew what was going to be coming next, as the cheers died down she continued her speech. "And we shouldn't pretend that it is," Mayor McCoy started back up, "Which is why I would like to dedicate this evening to the memory of one of our brightest, Jason Blossom," Katherine totally called it, she knew that was going to be what this night was going to be about even though it wasn't suppose to be.

"Now please, join me in welcoming to the field our very own River Vixens, and their special guest stars, my daughter, Josie and her Pussycats!" Everyone in the stands started to cheer as the River Vixens and Josie and the Pussycats came running into the picture. Before the crowd died down Josie started up the song and the girl's started the dance they have been working on.

It went well until the end of the song whenever the coach of the football team came and announced the football team. By then the song was over and everyone was still cheering, everyone of the River Vixens were out of breath and had smiles plastered on this faces. Cheryl was on the stage hugging Josie but whenever the football team came running out her face dropped.

It was Archie that caused this, he looked exactly like Jason. Katherine didn't even know Jason but she could see how alike they were, she even had to look away. When she was at Cheryl's house she saw pictures of Jason in his football uniform on the fireplace, which happened to be the only homey thing in that mansion. The similarities that Archie shared with Jason were very vibrate.

Katherine looked over to Cheryl who was running off the stage, she swore she heard some people in the crowd gasp at Cheryl's actions. She shook her head and ran after Cheryl seeing as though no one else was. Not even the two girls who followed her everywhere followed her, that was harsh, and Katherine knew she needed someone right now. Cheryl was someone you always wanted on your good side.

"Cheryl? What's wrong," Katherine's voice cracked as she sat beside Cheryl in the locker room. The red head was crying and hiding her face in her arms, Katherine couldn't help but feel bad for her. Cheryl might have been pretty evil, something Katherine used to be like, but even Veronica knew she had a good side.

Cheryl didn't look up because she knew who had followed her away from the pep rally, "Jason's gone," she cried out making Katherine want to hug her, but she didn't. She didn't know how Cheryl would react to it so she just stay beside her, sitting there and staring up at the mirrors. She could see a little bit of Chery's face from the reflection but not enough to see how hard she was crying.

Maybe Archie's appearance did trigger her like Katherine had thoughts. She nodded her head slowly, she knew Cheryl couldn't see her so she spoke up, "I know, we all know," she sighed, her voice was small. She didn't want to offend Cheryl or anything but Katherine knew that Cheryl had shown that she was getting over his death, and now her progress seemed to disappear.

"No, no you don't. No one does," Cheryl wept, now she seemed to hid her face in shame, "He was suppose to come back," she spilled, it took her a second to look over at Katherine. She had confusion written on her face but she ignored that and pulled Cheryl into a hug.

Cheryl didn't pull away it seemed that she wanted someone to show that they were there for her. "It's going to be okay, I promise," Katherine tried to console. She didn't want Cheryl to have to remember her twin brother's death all over again, it seemed like the image and information was wearing her down.

"I'm alone, I'm alone," she repeated as she cried into Katherine's shoulder. She wanted to shake her straight and tell her that she was there for her.

"No you're not, it's going to be okay," Katherine wanted to promise her and at this point she did promise but she would later find out that her promises weren't going to be kept.

The more you dig, the deeper you get, the more you discover, the truth will come out, the ugly truth.

------

Author's note : What a short chapter! What an unedited chapter! I KNOW! I haven't even edited the last chapters that I said I would. I've been babysitting so i haven't updated in the longest time! I'm sorry, take this short chapter and well hope I update again soon?